We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Car Rental

Is there a car rental near Gallery One in Ft. Lauderdale?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

I am not sure if any firm has a rental desk inside the Doubletree , but it would not surprise me- so you might contact the concierge there - otherwise , I am aware of a small locally owned rental company called A Car Rental( trying I'm sure to be first in the phone listings) that is within the block if I recall between that hotel and B Ocean. How reputable or expensive they are I don't know.

The only other car rentals I can think of are several blocks west along Sunrise , probably not walkable- both Hertz and Avis have offices right near the intersections of Sunrise Blvd and US1 near Holiday Park - both I believe are not open nights, and may not be open on weekends, particularly Sundays-. Enterprise, of course always advertises that they will pick up renters and they may also have an office somewhere along Sunrise that they bring renters to- I know they have one some distance north of Sunrise on Federal Highway..

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

There is one called A1 just east of your hotel, it always looks dodgy to me but I have no experience of it so I could be wrong. There is a major player west of your hotel on Sunrise but I can't remember which one it is, hopefully a local will chime in and let us know. The concierge at Gallery One will arrange car rental for you but I'm sure you'll get a better deal by doing it yourself. Have you tried Enterprise they will pick you up and take you to their nearest depot.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

How much of a coincidence is that? More or less the same reply, Lulu is right it is A Car Rental, I don't know where the 1 came from.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Sue and I have always been one mind with two bodies ( LOL!)

I wouldn't ask the concierge to arrange a car rental( they usually pass the business t o a buddy IMO ) . but I would send an e-mail to Gallery One concierge and see if they have any car rental in their lobby... I do have a friend who once worked there - I owe them an e-mail, so I'll see if they recalls what company if any is set up right at the Hotel., I do think the Hertz and Avis are the major players down Sunrise Sue is thinking of..

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,227 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

My husband and I personally rented from Enterprise at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale and they were fantastic. We got a great price through my husband's Amex. They gave us a free upgrade when we got there as the car wasn't ready immediately. I think we waited 3 minutes literally.

Plattsburgh, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental

I just had a great experience with Royal Rent A Car at FLL airport. I Highly recommend them. The price was great and all was as promised.

7. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:17