We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everglades tour with pick up from Cruiseport in Ft Lauderdal

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Everglades tour with pick up from Cruiseport in Ft Lauderdal

We are returning from a cruise on 3/1/14 and will arrive at the Ft Lauderdale cruiseport. We would like to do an everglades tour that day. are they any companies that pick you up at the cruiseport take you for the everglades tour and then drop you off at an airport hotel? We will have luggage. There are 4 of us.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,531 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everglades tour with pick up from Cruiseport in Ft Lauderdal

In all honesty Ive never taken either tour, but they both get good reviews on TA

http://www.ecosafari.com/

or

evergladestours.com/airboatrides/daytimeairb…

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,979 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everglades tour with pick up from Cruiseport in Ft Lauderdal

Everglades Holiday Park ( home of eth famous Gator Boys) contracts with a private company to provide a van service to their attraction on request ( for a fee). I do not know if they can tailor their service to your needs, but they are Axel's Tour service 954-294-5784 if you want to give them a call. It is also possible that on cruise days their service is already fully engaged to provide the excursions offered from the ships.

All Airboat/Everglades attractions are very far west of town/port so transport packages will likely be rather expensive in any event.

I'll check and see if their competitors have any similar arrangement and repost if they do.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,531 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Everglades tour with pick up from Cruiseport in Ft Lauderdal

Lulu the second link I posted is from SawGrass Recreation park.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,979 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Everglades tour with pick up from Cruiseport in Ft Lauderdal

Sawgrass Recreation, a competing airboat ride , also now offers a 'transportation package" that again picks up at area hotels, not inside the Port- you can check and see if they can alter that to meet your needs

evergladestours.com/transportationpackages.h…

It may be problematical to get Port pick up from any of these as a permit for Port entrance would be required by them to enter and it is pricey to buy . But they may already have some arrangement with the cruise lines- I would contact them and inquire. You may have to taxi to a nearby hotel to be picked up. Again, these transport services may already have port access but be leased for the lucrative cruise ships excursions when ships are in Port. If so, they may have an agreement not to pick up private passengers in Port who have not paid for the cruise excursion.

You'll have to contact hem to see.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,979 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Everglades tour with pick up from Cruiseport in Ft Lauderdal

You were typing while I was looking Objets- so better twice than never!!. I do suspect actual Port pick up for private parties will not happen if either already has a contract from the cruise lines to do excursions for the ships- but I am not certain. . Cruise days are their busiest and the attractions are often fully booked with sponsored cruise excursions for busy cruise port days during high season. People who arrive there on their own have mentioned having to wait till cruise excursions leave to find room on a boat on those days. as cruise lines can take precedence. over walk in business.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Everglades tour with pick up from Cruiseport in Ft Lauderdal

Thank you all for the good advice. It is so helpful to have the forum when traveling.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Everglades tour with pick up from Cruiseport in Ft Lauderdal

there is a company that has come to our hotel the Rodeway we are not affiliated with them but they have pick up and drop guest off from the port to the Sawgrass everglades park and then to hotel.

they are PM business Transportation & tour search them on the web.

8. Re: Everglades tour with pick up from Cruiseport in Ft Lauderdal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:18