We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Construction by Premiere Hotel

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Green Bay, WI
Level Contributor
194 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
New Construction by Premiere Hotel

I was looking at booking the Premiere in March 2014 but heard there is a large new construction hotel planned starting in February. Can anyone confirm that please or let me know if this is going on already? I don't want to be in a construction zone.

Thank you

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Construction by Premiere Hotel

There is a condo complex being constructed at the former deserted Howard Johnson less than a half block or so north of The Premiere - the old building is being demolished there ( not sure if it is down yet). That's the closet construction I can think of though I will look on my next trip by.

We have poster who lives near that area who hopefully will comment.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Construction by Premiere Hotel

are they blowing the building up or tearing it down?I stayed at the Best WEstern Oceanside once when they were doing construction on the condos next door and it was always a nuisance.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Construction by Premiere Hotel

I think tearing it down, but I'll try to double check that.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Construction by Premiere Hotel

I can't seem to find a definitive answer, but something has started- this was an overhead view from 1/24 Looks like demolition starting to me , not prep for implosion, but maybe I'm wrong... any thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Florida
Level Contributor
190 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Construction by Premiere Hotel

Hello Annhe, the entire block across the street from the Premier will be a construction site. It has already started. A couple of small buildings have been torn down and there are two more small buildings to go. My understanding is that the tower will be imploded on Feb 23 between 8 and 11 am. I think it would take the month of March to cart away all the debris so would not recommend staying across the street. I would suggest one of the North Beach Village properties a few blocks away. I think a similar property (but nicer IMO) is the Winterset. You could also search for Aqua which was totally renovated. The NBV group has many properties at varying price points so best to take a look at their website. Hope this helps.

Florida
Level Contributor
190 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Construction by Premiere Hotel

Hello LuLutoo, Good Photo. That pile of debris was formerly the contents and doors from the guestrooms. Mattresses, end tables, dressers, carpet, bedspreads (remember when hotels had bedspreads?), doorframes.... The pile gets larger each day.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Construction by Premiere Hotel

I would suggest that if the OP is considering a North Beach Village Group Property they move quickly. None that I looked at had availability for our dates in March, some days yes but others no, clearly their properties are becoming increasingly popular and rightly so, they have done a good job. Perhaps e mail them with your dates and see what they come up with, that was what I intended to do had I not got fixed up elsewhere.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Construction by Premiere Hotel

Thanks for update Bill- Rats!! We'll be away on a cruise on Feb 23- so someone has to take video so we can have a coming down party.

I think it is interesting that when I tried to find this information on line , there were all kinds of newspaper accounts of a planned implosion of the property in 2006, then one in 2010. The various people who bought the property in those years had grand plans but it appears no money to back them up- this time it does seem it will actually happen!

Florida
Level Contributor
190 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Construction by Premiere Hotel

Lulutoo, you may have a chance. I attended a community meeting where the developer discussed his plans. Feb 23 is what he was planning for but he mentioned that he had not yet received county approval. So it might be delayed. If its delayed till the following week, I'll need the video as I'll be away :-)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Construction by Premiere Hotel

Well , I'm just hoping the city fathers/mothers rush this thing through even if I have to miss it!