We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

Trying to choose between these two for a family with 3 kids.

Its possible to book a one bedroom suite on both hotels and the price difference is not huge. (found a good deal for Hilton on hotels.com)

Does anyone know about:

Pool: We would like a really warm one.

Area

Suites

Other things to consider

Any advice is welcome!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

The Hilton by a mile! The Aqua is a nicely modernised motel certainly not in the same class as the Hilton.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

I can't imagine two more different properties- as Sue has said, Aqua is a very small rehabbed motel, very clean but not at all a resort- while Hilton is a full service high rise resort with every amenity you can think of. And of course Hilton is oceanfront while Aqua is down a side street. Other than having to pay for parking at Hilton , about $35/night while it should be free at Aqua, I'd certainly choose Hilton if the price was the same.

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

OK thanks.

Does anyone know what the pool is like at Hilton - warm?

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

I can't remember what the pool temp was, but they do have 2 big hot tubs.

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

I checked with Hilton was going to book a one bedroom suite, this means one king bed + one sofa bed.

We have 3 kids.

I asked if we could have a rollaway bed or an extra mattress for our third child, but they said that they dont have that (????)

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

I'm almost positive we had a 1 BR suite with 2 queens in the bedroom, and a pullout in the living room.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

What are the exact dates of your travel?

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

We will be in FLL late Feb.

The Aqua hotel seem so helpful, easy to correspond via e-mail, no problem with rollaway bed etc.

The Hilton looks amazing, but unfortunate if we cant arrange beds for 3 kids in the living room.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,989 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

I do recall some previous posts in past years from travelers who found out that the large hotels seem to have a limit of four people per room, even if one is an infant or toddler- I remember it clearly being an issue for someone at Gallery One where customer was told on arrival at the desk with his wife and kids that his three children could not all be in the room with he and his wife and I do note that when I try to put 2 adults, 3 children in the on line reservation form for Hilton it only brings up their two BR suite a an option. I don't have major knowledge of this , but I think you could be on a slippery slope if you appear at the desk with 5 people as you might be told you would have to purchase an additional room ( I realize this is a Catch 22, but I remember one or more posts about families who encountered this,) so if Aqua will allow it, that may be a better idea ( really not nearly as nice a pool area etc ) unless you could spring for the 2 BR at Hilton.

It would be helpful to have exact dates , not "late February" so we can look around and se if anything else is available that is meant to accommodate 5- rates here fluctuate daily based on how many cruise ships are in town, conventions etc.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me choose Hotel Aqua or Hilton Beach

While the Hilton has wonderful rooms, and every amenity....with smaller children, the Aqua or something in the North Beach Village Group might not be a bad idea. These are older style properties where you may literally walk outside your door to the pool, rather than have to plan ahead every move to get the kids there. I agree that they are not as flashy, but the renovated ones are quite lovely, and may suit your needs better with the kids. Also, a number of their hotels have apartment style rooms that may accomodate the 5 of you. Perhaps the only drawback is that you may be a block or two or three back from the beach. Another plus is that when you come back from wherever for the day, the kids can hang out at the pool while you just sit and watch...again, quite close to the room.