We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Water Taxi stop to Fort Lauderdale airport.

Seattle
Level Contributor
412 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Closest Water Taxi stop to Fort Lauderdale airport.

We would like to spend the day on the water taxi before our 6:00 pm flight. We will be coming off a cruise ship. We are sending our luggage on to the airport. What would be the best way to get to the airport in the late afternoon? Is there a good water taxi stop where we could get a bus or taxi to the airport? Thank you so much.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,836 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest Water Taxi stop to Fort Lauderdale airport.

None of the WT stops are really close to FLL( at least not those in Ft. Lauderdale there area few stops in Hollywood, but I don't think any of those would be a good choice .) I'd say the best bet is stop 5 which is at the Hilton Marina, right across from the north Port Entrance sort of under the Intracoastal Bridge. A taxi from there to FLL should be about $15 ( shared by all in the taxi) . That is the same stop I think you will want to use to start your WT route( you'll be best to head north IMO from there- more to see- maybe get off at Las Olas Blvd for a lunch and then head back south to the Hilton stop

www.watertaxi.com will have a map

There is no bus service from any WT stop that goes to FLL airport - only one bus stops at FLL and that route is far west of the Water Taxi stops from what I can recall.

Seattle
Level Contributor
412 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest Water Taxi stop to Fort Lauderdale airport.

Dear lulutoo, Thank you so much for this good information.

Cupertino, Northern...
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest Water Taxi stop to Fort Lauderdale airport.

I would like to know if the tickets for the water taxi can be bought at the airport or at the stops themselves.

Thanks.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,106 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest Water Taxi stop to Fort Lauderdale airport.

You can buy them on the boat from the crew.

Cupertino, Northern...
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest Water Taxi stop to Fort Lauderdale airport.

Think you, I tried to get them from their website, but it didn't let me

6. Re: Closest Water Taxi stop to Fort Lauderdale airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2015, 06:16