We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Pier 66 + wine

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
massapequa park n.y.
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Pier 66 + wine

Is there a place near the hyatt pier 66 to buy wine ? And is close enough to walk 2 ?

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Pier 66 + wine

The Harbor Shops shopping plaza is about a half mile on Cordova Rd. and has a wine shop plus you can buy wine in the Publix grocery store in the same plaza. I think their web site is http://www.thheharborshops.com or you can Google Harbor Shops.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Pier 66 + wine

Yes, I agree but I think they are about a mile west from Pier 66( Harry is great walker)- and want to remind the poster that alcohol by the bottle is not sold till noon on Sundays by local laws. There is also a Crowne Liquors across 17th from Embassy Suites and a Winn Dixie next to it that sell wine but not as good a selection- but possibly just a bit closer as Total Wine is at he back of Harbor r Shops ( and so is Publix)which will add another block or two in distance.. If the walk seems too far for you, the little red and yellow Sun Trolley runs up an down 17th St and goes right into Harbor Shops stopping in front of Publix. It is a stop on demand that you can flag down by waving to it Fare is 50cents most of the time I think but last I checked was free on Fridays only. Your hotel desk will know all about it. I think the Hess gas mini mart right across from Hyatt sells beer and may have some wine , but not likely much if they do.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Pier 66 + wine

LuLutoo - That is why your the destination expert you remember everything. I wouldn't have thought that Harbor Shops was that far but as you said I enjoy walking. We've tried Crown and Winn Dixie but didn't like them as well.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Pier 66 + wine

True confessions- I Google Mapped it. as I thought half a mile seemed too short - and they say 1.2 miles

Side comment- has anyone been disliking the new Google map format as much as I do? There is a little question mark icon at the lower right of the screen on the "new" look of Google maps and if you click on it, it gives you the option of using the old format. Maybe I'm just resistant to change, but the new format is not working well for me - or for several other DE's from other areas I've queried. Of course . TA has now started linking to BING maps only on this site and IMO those are truly bad- most are very inaccurate even putting businesses in the wrong country. I don't trust anything BING maps tell me.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Pier 66 + wine

Thank you! Thank you! I found the new Google Maps so user unfriendly that I deleted it from my Favorites file. Fortunately, Google Maps had not changed over to the new version on my Windows 7 browser so I still had that one to work with. Now I've got the old version back on Google Chrome too. Lulu, you've made my day!

Spirit

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Pier 66 + wine

I hope I can spread the word about how to "opt out" of new Google Maps because when you do it asks you to select a reason why.. and I told them what I thought. More people will hopefully.

It brings to mind some of the changes made over time to Trip Advisor ( does anyone actually look at "Trending Now?"'- who was the famous person that said - if it ain't broken , don't fix it?

7. Re: Hyatt Pier 66 + wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale