We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sawgrass Mills

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sawgrass Mills

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of visiting Sawgrass Mills without having to hire a hire. We are staying for 2 nights pre cruise at the Hilton Marina Hotel and would love to visit Sawgrass again.

Many thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,101 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sawgrass Mills

A rental car is your best bet. Though you might try:

http://sawgrassexpress.com/

or

http://www.sawgrassshuttle.com/

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,338 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sawgrass Mills

Objets the first link you posted is a service that only runs from Miami Dade County(Downtown Miami, South Beach and Aventura are the pick up points if I recall) . I think the second link has recently gone out of business, but I'm going to check.

The only mass transit option I can think of for the OP is a taxi from the hotel to Galleria Mall( abouy $15 I'd guess) and from there if she crosses the street , she can pick up Broward Transit bus # 36 which runs west all the way to Sawgrass and takes just over an hour. It might be possible to get another BCT bus from her hotel to Galleria ( I think perhaps #40) but that would probably take even more time and to me the taxi fare would be worth it. Sun Trolley might run up to Galleria as well, but if it were me , I'd take taxi at least that far.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,338 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sawgrass Mills

The second link is also a service that only runs from pick up stops in Miami. It seems to be a sad commentary that no shuttles from Ft. Lauderdale have been able to make their business work, but visitors to Miami have several shuttle choices to Sawgrass.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,101 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sawgrass Mills

My first suggestion was a rental car and then the OP could "try" the others listed. I need to pay attention the next time I drop the kid off there and see who those buses are...

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sawgrass Mills

Thank you all for you kind thoughts, but I think we will get the water taxi from the hotel to the Galleria Mall. This is the first time we have never hired a car being in FL for such a short time......never mind it will save hubby money in the longterm!!!

6. Re: Sawgrass Mills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 05:20