We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something I wanted to share

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,314 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Something I wanted to share

It has nothing to do with Ft. Lauderdale, but is such a special, though very sad, story that I wanted all of you to know what one wonderful TA Destination Expert made happen for a very special child.

I had tears in my eyes as I read this account , but what heroes DE Max from Amsterdam and his co workers are- as well as other posters who managed to find him thousand of miles away on a vacation when they thought he could help this child. I know lots of situations come up in Trip Advisor- in the years I have posted here I have never seen one like this....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k72550…

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,351 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something I wanted to share

amazing what people can pull off when they work together

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something I wanted to share

Thank you for sharing this. Great to see there are still nice people in the world. I shared this on the MA forum after seeing your post.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Something I wanted to share

Well ,someone in their WISDOM has reported the thread I linked to as non travel related- and the Original Post has been removed so this post now makes no sense. It was about how the folks on the Amsterdam Forum enlisted the help of a DE there who was on vacation thousands of miles away to arrange for some special activities for a dying child who was from Poland but hospitalized in Amsterdam who loved airplanes. It was amazing to see the work of posters all hunting down Max to help with this and what he and his associates at KLM arranged for this child. He is having two days he and his family will never forget ,getting the VIP treatment and going on the flight simulator and into a jumbo jet cockpit at the Amsterdam Airport. Some KLM employees even showed up to bring him gifts at the hospital.

I think at the outset everyone involved stated that this was mot really travel related , but I have a terminally ill 8 year old in my family and I really feel TA should have let the thread stand- but at least the job got done and Lukas will get his last wish. I am proud of the efforts of the TA of posters in getting this to happen.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Something I wanted to share

Don't worry Lulutoo ... the thread had the desired effect before it was closed. And if people read the responses they can determine what it was about. Very heartwarming. I thank you for sharing it.

Edited: 08 March 2014, 19:36
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Something I wanted to share

An important correction/update-

Little Lukas passed away last night and it was his family who asked to have the posts deleted. May he rest in peace.

Edited: 08 March 2014, 20:16
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Something I wanted to share

How sad, I read the thread this morning.

7. Re: Something I wanted to share

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 06:20