We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

Cranford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
78 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

Hi!

I'm looking for a hotel which is upscale enough for us but yet has a good pool/games room for the boys. Hard to tell online which have pools with slides, etc.

Thanks for any insight!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,359 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

Lago Mar gets high marks from families, no idea if it has slides or not though.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

No slides in the Lago Mar pools but it is a great place. Located directly on a private beach with two pools. One pool is only 4 feet deep at the deepest while the other goes to 9 feet. There is mini golf and I believe a small game room. Free WIFI and parking that at most beach hotels in Fort Lauderdale can run as high as $50.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

No pools with slides except Seminole Hard Rock Hotel which is not on the beach and is inland closer to the airport. Very nice pool though.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,276 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

The Wyndham Palm Aire resort in Pompano Beach will work if you are willing to be away from the beach.

I would also suggest Deerfield Beach options for families with children.

Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

I have been reading tons of reviews and forum posts trying to decide if splurging for the Lago Mar over Wyndham Palm Aire would be worth it. We are a family of 5 (3 kids 15,12 & 11) and will be in Ft Lauderdale 4/22-4/27. Lago sounds wonderful but is twice the cost. Car needed for both so basic difference seems to be that Lago is beach-front versus Palm Aire which is 10 minute drive to beach. Would greatly appreciate any input. Any chance anyone has stayed at both?

Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

I have been reading tons of reviews and forum posts trying to decide if splurging for the Lago Mar over Wyndham Palm Aire would be worth it. We are a family of 5 (3 kids 15,12 & 11) and will be in Ft Lauderdale 4/22-4/27. Lago sounds wonderful but is twice the cost. Car needed for both so basic difference seems to be that Lago is beach-front versus Palm Aire which is 10 minute drive to beach. Would greatly appreciate any input. Any chance anyone has stayed at both?

Edited: 09 March 2015, 02:47
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,359 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

No need for me to stay at both, from my perspective the prospect of getting three kids ready and in the car for a ten min ride to the beach means budget allowing Im staying beach front...

South Florida...
Level Contributor
690 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

When the new Margaritaville Hotel opens on Hollywood Beach this summer, it's going to have some spectacular water features for children.

Edited: 09 March 2015, 13:32
midwest
Level Contributor
405 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

Have not stayed at either but have stayed both on the beach and away (also with kids that age) - we definitely preferred being next to the water as opposed to driving to the beach. Just my opinion and it depends upon how much time you plan on spending at or near the water. I just like being by the ocean- so pretty and nice to walk out to the beach and have instant entertainment. Check out some of the other hotels near the water(or even a couple blocks away) and see if they are cheaper than Lago Mar.....I am sure you will have a great time either way!

Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel suitable for 10 and 12 year old

Thank you everyone :)