We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental near Hilton Beach Resort

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cranston, Rhode...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Car rental near Hilton Beach Resort

We are staying at the Hilton Beach Resort. Parking is expensive and we only need a car for 1 day. Is there a car rental agency near the Hilton?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental near Hilton Beach Resort

There is an Enterprise office in the next block at a rather sketchy motel, but as it is an Enterprise franchise, I would guess that it is reputable despite the hotel.... the address on the Enterprise website is 549 N Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd. (BTW the hotel has a decent cheap dive bar in the back)

Otherwise, there is an actual Enterprise office/rental location not too far away at 1311 E Sunrise Blvd. Enteprise usually will pick you up at an offsite location and take you to their office. If not, it will be just a short cab ride away.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,702 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental near Hilton Beach Resort

New guys in town: https://relayrides.com/renters

Maybe they will work for you ? Honestly never used them.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental near Hilton Beach Resort

The motel is the Tropic Cay, it's next to the Avalon. Both are dumps. Is the dive bar at the Tropic Cay decent? Well that's a matter of opinion, as much as I love dive bars one visit was enough for me DIRTY and I mean dirty. Perhaps it's improved since..

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental near Hilton Beach Resort

Oh, yes, Sue, that is the place.....my first visit was two years ago, then a couple of times last year. I don't remember much except that I was getting perhaps the strongest drinks I have ever had in my life for cheap , and the liquor wasn't watered down.......... perhaps my opinion is a bit "clouded" LOL

5. Re: Car rental near Hilton Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 06:16