We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach hotels with shuttle service from airport

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Beach hotels with shuttle service from airport

Hello,

I would like to spend a few days in Fort Lauderdale in July. Any decently priced hotels on the beach walking distance to beach and restaurants? I don't want to rent a care so shuttle service from airport would be awesome too. If no shuttle service, how much does a taxi cost to get to beach hotel areas?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,579 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach hotels with shuttle service from airport

I know of no beach hotel that has shuttle service. There is a shuttle service from FLL to any hotel called GO Van that you can get outside baggage clam ( no reservation needed) . It may make a circuitous route dropping off others en route but would charge per person, a bit more than half what a taxi fare would b-- I'd guess. taxi fare would be about $20 ( shared among all in the taxi )depending on how far north along the beach you choose to go- the south end is the more lively area and closest to the airport We live up on the north end and pay about $30 for a taxi from FLL. There are many bars and restaurants walkable except from Lago Mar , a secluded resort in the south end that has it's own bar and restaurant and the Pelican Grande and Sun Tower on the north end which are surrounded by a state park many condos but no eating places /bars except their own. Both buses and Sun Trolley can be used along the beach for transportation.

Even further north than that are some mom and pop motels and two rather shabby large hotels Ocean Manor and Ocean Sky which don't come well recommended because of room conditions. There are small restaurants near those but the hotels themselves are not nice and are furthest off all from the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Sun Tower Hotel & Suites
Sun Tower Hotel & Suites
677 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort
Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort
1,587 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sun Trolley
Sun Trolley
1,156 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Ft. Lauderdale Intl Airport
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach hotels with shuttle service from airport

Thank you for the advice and prices. That helps a lot.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,149 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach hotels with shuttle service from airport

My husband and I stayed at the B Ocean in December which is directly across from the beach and not far from the airport. We rented a car but it would be a quick cab ride. There are 2 restaurants in the hotel and there's others around in walking distance.

Mentioned in this post
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
B Ocean Resort Fort...
4,303 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4. Re: Beach hotels with shuttle service from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 05:15