We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Turtle Walk at our MODS Museum

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,296 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Turtle Walk at our MODS Museum

If you are coming in this month ( June) or early part of next, this activity is the best use of $20 I can think of- something so unique and not to be missed!

mods.org/events/…20Flyer.pdf

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Turtle Walk at our MODS Museum

do they walk fast? How long is this season. ? i know they dim the street lights for several weeks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,336 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Turtle Walk at our MODS Museum

We've done the opposite end of this tour and watched the baby turtles being released. We had a blast, they keep the the groups small and keep it slow so everyone can keep up.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Turtle Walk at our MODS Museum

As for the dimming of lights along A1A, it is not done for "several weeks"

It is done from April to October.

Before the seawall was built along A1A, north and south of Sunrise Blvd., I would ride my bike along the beach at night and catch as many turtle hatchlings as I could and take them from where the sand met the road and take them down to the water's edge and make sure they went into the ocean.

4. Re: Sea Turtle Walk at our MODS Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:16