We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat

Hi i am staying at the b ocean hotel (now sonesta) and am hoping for recommendations on places to eat with in walking distant, hoping there are places near by for an evening meal and breakfast thanks

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,129 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat

What do you class as walking distance? Primanti Brothers a few minutes walk south of you hotel does a good breakfast, the menu is rather limited and the place has a bit of a shabby feel to it but the food is good. There is also a Mexican café type place called Plan B Burrito which I'm told sells a reasonable breakfast, I've never tried it. Further south is Ocean View Delights again good for breakfast and there is also a Subway. For dinner the Parrott Lounge directly behind your hotel does good bar fayre at reasonable prices if that's the sort of thing you want. If you head west along Sunrise Boulvard the is Franco and Vinny's casual Italian restaurant (very popular with locals) and a Mexican Cantina with cheap prices and huge portions of food. Walk over the bridge further west and you will reach the Galleria Mall where there is The Blue Martini, Trulucks (pricey), Seasons 52, Capitol Grille and PF Changs. The are all at the front of the Mall on Sunrise.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat

I agree with Sue that if you go south from your hotel or in the little area right behind it or to the west heading toward( and into ) Galleria Mall , you will find many, many restaurant choices within a short walk. The only direction not to head is north- nothng that way at all.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat

Primanti brothers for unique sandwiches, there is an irish bar just south of it but I can't remember the name. Is there anything inthe old cafe bluefish? if you like to walk you can go to big louies over the bridge. They have good Italian food.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat

Mc Sorley's, Coach- no food thoughif I recall , just beer/booze and nice people. Haven't seen /heard of anything in the old Bluefish yet but I'll keep an eye.

Hey there is a new place opening on Las Olas called ( wait for it ) Fork and Balls -and a place in the Atlantic Hotel ( $$$) called Beauty and the Feast.. remember when restaurant names sounded just like restaurant names...? I think things are getting a bit out of hand...

I've got to see if Big Louie's at Gateway is still there - at least two other Big Louie spots in town have closed....

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat

The Big Louies on Suntise Blvd seems to have survived- I think the Pompano, Commercial Blvd and Wilton Manors locations are gone.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat

Texas de Brazil is a kind of upscale restaurant across fromthe galleria not too far from your hotel. It would take a trolley ride or a cab but it is an all you can eat Brazilian type of restaurant where gauchos come around to your table and carve many different kinds of meat ,fish and sausage. Plus they have a huge salad bar that is a meal in itself. If you sign up on their web site they will send you special offers. Birthdays or anniversaries are 2 for 1.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat

Thanks for the replies . have tried. Texas de Brazil in Orlando and Chicago will probably get to the fort Lauderdale after our cruise

8. Re: Places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 06:15