We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
106 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

Looking for a ft. Lauderdale hotel with complimentary airport shuttle (to and from airport) For a one night stay in December, preferably near a water taxi stop with restaurants nearby. Any suggestions?

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

Holiday Inn Convention Centre has a free shuttle (and Kbfst) and has a water taxi stop reasonably close.

We also say Sheraton shuttles the other day.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

I think the Sheraton Shuttle you saw was for the one near the Airport on Griffin Rd , not the Sheraton Beach near Water Taxi - I do not think any beach hotels I can think of provide airport shuttles.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

a taxi is your best bet and it is only around $18. when we stayed at the best western they had a shuttle to the cruise port but i don't know if it is free.

michigan
Level Contributor
106 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

We are not going on a cruise, just flying in staying one night and flying somewhere else the next day. The water taxi has several stops, correct? Looking for a hotel that may be near a stop.

michigan
Level Contributor
106 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

I don't want to pay taxi fare $40-60 round trip from airport to hotel, plus $44 total for 2 people with the water taxi, which we really want to do.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

None of the hotels actually on the beach which is where most water taxi stops are have a free shuttle- I am pretty certain the Beat Western charges for theirs. There are a few hotels on 17th St near the Port that have either a free shuttle or one that may charge in one direction or the other ( more likely a fee to FLL , possibly free from FLL- but it varies from hotel to hotel and not all have a shuttle at all-most there do not- the Hyatt Place on SE 0oth, Holiday Inn Express Convention Center ( not the one called Airport Cruiseport which is out on a highway and nowhere nowhere near the WaterTaxi) and Comfort Suites on Federal Highway ( I think 1800 S. Federal is the address - but it is several blocks walk to Water Taxi) are the only shuttle hotels on 17th St I know of. The Water Taxi stop on that street is at the Hilton Marina - HI Express is closest to it- the Hilton has no shuttle from to the Airport I know of - they charge per person for their shuttle into the Port.

Each hotel near the Port has different policies about shuttles , but few have any from or /to the Airport and they may contract with a shuttle into the Port- most find a shared taxi into the Port cheaper than most hotel shuttles which charge per person.

There are only a handful of Water Taxi stops - most along one section of the the Intracoastal or one stop on Las Olas ( near Riverside Hotel, a fairly expensive hotel with no shuttle).Water Taxi actually covers only a small portion of the tourist area and is more for leisurely sightseeing than getting from place to place - you may have a misconception about how useful it will be - but I is a fun experience.

Unlike some other Port cities , conventional wisdom here is that a free shuttle is a bad way to chose a hotel here- most that have them are either poorly located, not very well kept or both. They use their free shuttle as a come on to fill a generally unsatisfactory hotel. Hyatt Place , HI Express and Comfort Sutes are the only clean well located ones I am aware of that have some form of shuttle, but not always free . I do think Beat Western Oceanside has a shuttle perhaps only to the Port , not the so airport and charges per person for it. It may end up costing more than a taxi as taxi fare can be split between the passengers. I know the Hyatt Shuttle into the Port charges per person more expensive than a shared taxi into the Port for two people ..

There are sometimes 2/1 offers for Water Taxi on Groupon and the like - I don't know if there is one currently..

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

The Best Western Oceanside charges $11 per person for their airport shuttle. Some guests got in it expecting it to be free and were charged when they arrived at FLL. Taxi fare woukd be about $20 totaldfor the same trip , but all in the taxi would split that one $20 fare among them.

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

""don't want to pay taxi fare $40-60 round trip from airport to hotel, plus $44 total for 2 people with the water taxi, which we really want to do.

"""

Then the Holiday Inn Convention Centre. It is not right next door to a water taxi stop, but you can walk there easily enough and it has a free shuttle to and from the hotel.

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

""don't want to pay taxi fare $40-60 round trip from airport to hotel, plus $44 total for 2 people with the water taxi, which we really want to do.

"""

Then the Holiday Inn Convention Centre. It is not right next door to a water taxi stop, but you can walk there easily enough and it has a free shuttle to and from the hotel.

The stop I am talking about is where the pink A is.

watertaxi.com/watertaxi/…

michigan
Level Contributor
106 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with complimentary airport shuttle

Thanks I emailed them and thats what they said too and they have a complementary breakfast, pretty sure thats going to be our choice :)

Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale