We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft. Lauderdale Hotel in March 2015

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Irwin
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ft. Lauderdale Hotel in March 2015

My wife and I will be flying to FLL in March for a Celebrity cruise out of Miami. We are arriving a day early and would like recommendations for a hotel. We have stayed at the Hyatt House and Hyatt Place in the past but would like a place that is closer walking distance to restaurants.

We are willing to pay in the $250 to $300 per night, but the following is important.

1) Hotel provided transfers included from and to airport to pick up Celebrity transfer to Miami the second day.

2) Full service hotel or restaurants within a quarter mile walking distance from hotel. This is an important point.

3) A reasonably rated hotel (mid range). It doesn't have to be 5 star.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel in March 2015

We're staying at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel next month, ask me after how it was. I've heard good things. Not sure about the transfers but it meets your other requirements. It's close to a Publix market, and Walgreens too in case you need to pick up last minute items. Also, March is Spring Break so staying at a hotel AWAY from the beach might be something to consider.

Cheers!

Irwin
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel in March 2015

Thanks. This hotel shows rates starting at a little over $100 a night in September. For my March 2015 date it jumps to $350 a night. That's the same problem with the Hyatt House and Hyatt Place in Dania Beach where we stayed before. Last December the rate was around $150, but in March it jumped to $270. Ouch! I guess that's what Spring Break will do for you. Thanks for the info.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel in March 2015

I really don't think you'll find any of the better hotels that will provide transfers to Miami. It might be a better idea to just go to Miami right from the airport. They have a shared ride shuttle available.

Irwin
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel in March 2015

Actually, we are going back to the airport the next morning and picking up the Celebrity transport from FLL to the Miami cruise terminal. I realize it will cost maybe $15 more each way per person, but after reading reviews, I would rather be in Celebrity hands at that point. I have no problem using independent shuttle service when cruising out of FLL. We fly to FLL to get the only, one a day, non stop flight from Pittsburgh to FLL and the return flight as well. Thanks for your input, it is always appreciated.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
598 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel in March 2015

Irwin

the price difference between September and March may well be that September is very soon. Revenue managers tend not to discount inventory 6 months out

Irwin
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel in March 2015

Prices skyrocket in the peak season of January to March. We have gone through this 3 years in a row. Especially when March starts spring break for colleges. If you check hotels at the end of March, you will be amazed how many are already booked. It's just basic supply and demand. I agree with you for off season rates.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel in March 2015

We have stayed at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. Although no shuttle, it is in a excellent location for restaurants and shops.

8. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotel in March 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:16