We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Oceanside-Stores

N.H
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Western Oceanside-Stores

Hi, we are going to stay here two nights pre cruise in February is their any little stores to buy soda and beer , and a few odds in ends that I do not want to fly with . Thanks

GAIL

San Diego...
Level Contributor
578 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Oceanside-Stores

Hi Gail. Surprisingly, there isn't much near the BWO I can think of within a 5-minute walk. That area of the beach is mostly hotels and the highly desirable "harbor beach" private residences. Most of the business are clustered along 17th st Causeway from the west side of the Intracoastal bridge out to Route 1. For 50 cents each way, you can catch the Sun Trolley, which pretty much travels this route. suntrolley.com/bus_route-maps/convention.html

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,976 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Oceanside-Stores

I guess it would depend on the weather and how far you want to walk. I know there is a little "Mart" across A1A at the Bahia Mar hotel ( a highrise) but I suspect their prices may be "captive audience high" There is also a convenience store ( maybe a 7-11 or a clone) just south of Las Olas about a block in from A1A on the southwest corner. I think that would be walkable. Or, you can take the Sun Trolley down to 17th St - It may only run a few days a week depending on how busy the Convention Center is but your hotel should know. That way you could do your shopping at the Publix at Harbor Shops, the Total Wine Superstore in the same strip or the Walgreens or CVS Drugstores, both in that area.

Weather permitting I'm going down A1A in the morning running errands, so I'll take a second look and see if there is anyplace else we all may have forgotten about!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
335 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Oceanside-Stores

Keenestemom21

As was stated the Bahia mar has a Deli..just cross the street and a little ways down from the BWO . I don't think the prices are bad we always get sandwiches , beer ,soda coffee,at this deli when we stay at the clipper.If you stay on the same side of the street as the Bahia mar and keep walking you will come to a seven eleven where you can get water ,beer ,food ,coffee,ice cream etc,etc.(Prices are a bit better at the Seven Eleven) We go to both places, easily walkable if you have no problem with mobility. Have fun!

Reader

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
335 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Oceanside-Stores

lol just noticed your name.

Reader AKA Gail

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western Oceanside-Stores

hi we just got back from staying there

pre cruise and its a fab hotel for the price

will be staying there again after cruise nxt yr

no shops etc..........

though if u go to the beach and turn left walk over to the boats there a nice little place ot eat..........when we arrive it was the only place open.though it was thanksgiving.........i think its caleed the bahia mar mar..or something like that...great ribs n' chicken

N.H
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western Oceanside-Stores

Hi Everyone thanks so very much for all the information, I found this hotel thru this forum, and I am so excited, with all the help you have given me, I'm sure as it gets close, I will be asking a lot more.

Gail

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,976 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Western Oceanside-Stores

Choc- Is the restaurant you're suggesting the little waterfront bar and grill across the street at the Bahia Cabana Days Inn? I know they do chicken and ribs- and I also like their fish sandwiches and conch fritters, which are a local specialty similar to clam cakes ( but a bit spicier and great with beer.)

They also make a great Rum Runner- very potent, but you'll be close to your hotel. Bahia Cabana is not a hotel you would want to stay in - but the restaurant has good food, in a casual setting - and open for breakfast, lunch and dinner last I checked.

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Western Oceanside-Stores

yes lulutoo thats right...great food.....

hey we are off to vegas/g canyon for 10 nights........on 14 jan

ive got over my jet lag now..........

we were on the radiance.............we did not see u wave ha ha ha !!!!!

9. Re: Best Western Oceanside-Stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 17:23