We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hi just to say hello

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
hi just to say hello

hi there all u floridians and i bet u r all sitting in the lovelly sunshine whilst here in the uk its freezing........

we have not since long returned form a cruise out of f/ lauderdale and it was fantastic..........

we have booked again and will be coming back next year.........

we love fort/lauderdale ..all of u are so friendly................

have a nice xmas xxxxx

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hi just to say hello

While I'm from Connecticut not Florida, I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit to the U.S.. Here in CT it is 49* F today while Fort Lauderdale is around 77*F, but that is pretty good for CT in mid December. I don't know how much time you had in FLL before or after your cruise but hope that you get to spend some time there on your next visit. It is our favorite FL destination and we visit once or twice a year.

A happy XMAS to you as well.

Fort Lauderdale FL
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hi just to say hello

Next year forget the cruise and stay a week on the mainland, you won't be dissapointed! ;) ;)

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hi just to say hello

Choc,

I am originally from Montreal, Quebec, Canada and have been vacationing in Fort Lauderdale since I was a kid. I totally understand how you feel about FLL. I love Fort Lauderdale and Flroida so much I picked up everything I had and moved here 2 months ago. I would never trade my new life for the world. I love it here so much, words really cannot describe.

Hope you get here soon!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,581 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hi just to say hello

Choc, you are such a charmer! I'll be looking forward to hearing your trip report from Vegas- and having you back next winter for your cruise!

Audrey- did you and Mom get to see the Boat Parade in spite of the drizzles? You're going to enjoy your first Xmas in shorts! We usually put the ducks in the oven and walk the beach while they roast!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hi just to say hello

No unfortunately we had alot of xmas shopping to do so we were at Aventura all day and due to the weather we didnt go to the boat parade.

I have to say, Aventura Mall is by far my favorite mall.

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hi just to say hello

hi just popped on from the vegas forum.............we have lots of fog here in the uk and a lot of flights have been cancelled...........

i will pop on again soon after our trip to vegas........

so near yet so far.....................................xx

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hi just to say hello

Bella,

I thought I saw you at an upscale restaurant today, but i guess you are still in fll.

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hi just to say hello

Yes Ft L is definitely the place to be! My wife and I loved our stay there last week and are now home in Maine where it's 40s and dreary looking exept for all the christmas lights around.

Lulu - I tried to see your friend at the Stranahan (sp?) house twice but missed both times. Did leave a note for her tho. Thanks for all the great pointers and ideas. The boat parade was great despite the showers and we had close seats there in the grandstand. Loved the Christmas Pageant too at 1st Baptist church - wow what a spectacular show!

The Mojitos at Island Grill are fantastic but we were surprised to see the TV report on that and Lulu's at Beachplace (not your's I expect) that had health issues. and I had Grill's Mahi Mahi sandwich three times it was so good.

Beachplace Marriott was excellent and we did end up seeing the return trp of the boats from our balcony - but distant.

Can't wait for a return trip!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,581 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hi just to say hello

How nice of you to leave a note for Gayle- I'll be seeing her soon!

Unfortunately that was MY ( no relation) Lulu's Bait Shack which made the Health Dept. Bad List!!! I think it's the only one- there was one in Orlando but I think it has closed. I have a feeling some of those many beach place restaurants share problems with one another. There is a local TV station doing exposes of restaurants each week and it is getting scary to go out to eat!! I have decided if I drink enough I won't die of anything- maybe!!

So glad you enjoyed the Boat Parade- and that you got to see the Xmas Pageant- I thought it was hard to get tickets for that one- I think Coral Ridge Presby. has one also that is quite nice- lots of talented people in both congregations!

I have heard that the weather in New England is a bit warmer than normal- certainly much better than those poor souls in Colorado today. I hope it gets cold enough to kill off some of those black flies Maine is famous for- we had a memorable encounter with them one summer. My sister who lives in New Hampshire laughed herself silly when she heard we were going fishing in Maine in July- didn't tell us why though. The place we went gave us these giant citronella candles in gallon containers when we checked in - that should have been a warning I guess- the blueberry pancakes were great though!

Come back and see us again!

10. Re: hi just to say hello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 20:20