We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest rental car

NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest rental car

Any suggestions on some cheaper prices for renting a car next week? The prices are around $285 for 6 days! I guess it is because of the Super Bowl the following week in Miami?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,480 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest rental car

You've got that right! I haven't tried pricing lately, but what you found is cheaper than what I've seen- usually upwards of $50 + taxes for the smallest economy. model. Have you tried Priceline or Hotwire? I think Royal may be the least known of the companies at the Airport and usually is cheapest under ordinary circumstances, but who knows . They are locally owned and very reputable , so if you find a good rate , don't be worried about their integrity.

SW Ontario
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest rental car

i got a mid range car for 27 on hotwire.com for next week

NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest rental car

I have never used HotWire but the prices are much cheaper.

Has anyone had any problems?

NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest rental car

Hi Mackie I got a mid size too. I think it is a Chrysler Sebring? The price came to about $170 from Alamo for 6 days! I saved over $100 from renting direct. I hope it works out ok!

5. Re: Cheapest rental car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 06:26