We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Miami

Watford, UK
Level Contributor
374 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport from Miami

What's the best way to get to Fort Lauderdale from Miami? Amtrak?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Miami

There is a local light rail called TriRail that runs from Miami to Fort Lauderdale. Whether it would work for you might depend on what parts of town you are coming from/to. You can look at their route at www.tri-rail.com

It is a bit unreliable as far as staying on schedule, as it shares tracks with the railroad and must yield right of way for freight trains etc., so if time is a factor , allow plenty. I have never tried to use AMTRAK- don't think their trains run from Miami very often during the day. AMTRAK stops at fewer of the train stations than TriRail does, so TriRail would likely bea better. option . There is a TriRail stop just south of Ft. lauderdale Airport and the Airport provides free shuttles to the Airport itself, which is just a few minutes away. I believe one of the TriRail stops is right at the Miami Airport, but I have never tried getting there that way.

TriRail would not be a good option with lots of luggage- the only options in that case are a shared ride Van ( Super Shuttle ) which goes from airport to airport or a taxi whose fare would be high but can be shared by the occupants.

If you are looking to go from cruise port to cruiseport, Miami's airport is pretty far west of the cruiseport. while Ft. Lauderdale's is pretty close by Port Everglades.

2. Re: Transport from Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 07:17