We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High-end 5 star for Labor Day weekend ~ recommendations.

Level Contributor
964 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
High-end 5 star for Labor Day weekend ~ recommendations.

Hi - we are flying in to Ft. Myers Labor Day weekend and are wanting to stay somewhere VERY nice for 2 adults/no children. We would prefer to not travel beyond 30-45 minutes to get to a resort. What recommendations in the area or surrounding area would you recommend. Thanks :)

Lehigh Acres...
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High-end 5 star for Labor Day weekend ~ recommendations.

The Hyatt Coconut Pointe in Bonita Springs is nice and within the distance you are looking. However it is not a 5 star hotel.

For 5 star I would go to Naples to the Ritz Carlton.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High-end 5 star for Labor Day weekend ~ recommendations.

Yes, I think that if you want 5 star or the best possible hotel in the area, you'll have to travel more than 30-45 minutes. I think your only options would be in Naples.

florida
Level Contributor
208 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High-end 5 star for Labor Day weekend ~ recommendations.

Kelly:

5 Star would be Naples and Ritz Carlton!

Level Contributor
964 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High-end 5 star for Labor Day weekend ~ recommendations.

how far is the ritz naples from ft. myers airport?

Ft. Myers Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
271 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High-end 5 star for Labor Day weekend ~ recommendations.

The Hyatt, and the ritz. Maybe also consider a penthouse suite at Pointe Estero on Ft Myers Beach. You have to book this room directly through the resort, as it is not offered on the discount websites like hotels.com. The place doesn't have a 5star rating b/c it doesn't have a restaurant and bar but it is very nice. My husband and I stayed there for a long weekend (we live down the street but wanted to treat ourselves to something special). The penthouse suite had two bedrooms and two baths. The whirlpool/jacuzzi tub in the master bath was ginormous and overlooked the Gulf of Mexico. Not all the rooms are positioned the same way so you have to clarify the view you want. King size bed, very comfortable. Huge kitchen and tons of lounging areas. The spiral staircase leads up to a cozy loft area with a sliding door to your roof top balcony. Balcony was huge and the view from up there is amazing and very private. The place is loaded with windows so you have a beautiful view from anywhere. Very romantic and right on the beach. I believe they have rates and pics on their website www.pointeestero.com

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: High-end 5 star for Labor Day weekend ~ recommendations.

Another vote for the Ritz in Naples. Its beautiful. From the airport you are probably looking at about a 45 minute drive.

Sanibel Captiva...
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: High-end 5 star for Labor Day weekend ~ recommendations.

Hi I am all about the Islands...as you can see.

Casa Ybel Resort is who to call, tell them you want the BEST. Ask for JR. Tell him you saw this on TA. Although I must say anyone who answers will take care of you equally as well.

There is not a single other place that I could guarantee you would have a five star experience. I am thinking hard here too. I worked at the Ritz in Naples for 5 years and understand what it is you are after. The Ritz is nice of course. It was already mentioned.

If you TELL Casa you want a five star experience, especially JR, they will make it happen for you! Five stars is not a custom anywhere in Lee County I am afraid. You have to request it.

8. Re: High-end 5 star for Labor Day weekend ~ recommendations.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 22:18