We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft Meyers vs. Ft Lauderdale

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
23 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Ft Meyers vs. Ft Lauderdale

We have not been to either Ft Meyers or Ft Lauderdale, or Miami for that matter and would like your opinion to help us decide which to visit between mid March through April. We are mid 50s and like the beach, some touring, and a few good restaurants and locals type hangouts. Our local vacation spot in summer is Ocean City, MD. We were hoping to find someone who has visited both. Flights to Ft M seem to be higher priced than Ft L? Thanks for your input.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft Meyers vs. Ft Lauderdale

I would suggest also posting this on the Fort Myers Beach forum. Fort Myers is different than Fort Myers Beach. I would not be happy staying in Fort Myers if I were coming for the beach. I have not been to Fort Lauderdale recently (like the past 15 years or so) so I can not compare it fairly to either Ocean city or Fort Myers Beach.

I was in Ocean City probably about 5 years ago. Ocean City seems much larger then FMB. FMB has a time square area with some shops and restaurants, but not a real board walk. I think it has a fun atmosphere but is much smaller than Ocean City. Ocean City has larger hotels along the beach, more restaurants, more traffic, larger waves in the ocean, cooler water temperature, more commercial like. I personally prefer FMB to Ocean city but that is just me.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
23 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft Meyers vs. Ft Lauderdale

Thanks, I should have realized there would be a seperate FM Beach Forum.

3. Re: Ft Meyers vs. Ft Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 07:16