We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route to get to Estero, Fl?

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alaska
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Best route to get to Estero, Fl?

We have a team that will be playing games in Estero, which is directly between Ft. Myers & Naples. What is the best route to get there. It looks like we could fly into Miami or TAmpa. Anyone have experience driving to Ft. Myers or Naples from either Miami or TAmpa. Is it a smooth drive. Is one way better than the other?

Flying into TAmpa is a little cheaper, but looks to be just a few miles longer of a drive. ANy help would be appreciated.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route to get to Estero, Fl?

Have you looked into flying into Ft. Myers? The airport code is RSW. The drive from either TPA or MIA airport is pretty easy. Personally, I think Tampa would be a bit easier as Miami tends to have more traffic back-ups than Tampa. If you are flying in or out at rush hour, I would take my chances with TPA if you can't fly into RSW.

Twinsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route to get to Estero, Fl?

I agree that flying into Fort Myers (RSW) would be your best bet. Flying into RSW the last two years has actually been about the same cost as flying into Tampa from where I live. The drive to Estero from Miami and Tampa are about the same distance and time (over 140 miles and almost an hour and a half drive). Although with Miami you will be out in the Everglades most of the drive, in Tampa you will most certainly be dealing with traffic along the way. Soutwest Florida Regional airport in Fort Myers will put you 16 miles from Estero and only half the trip will be on I-75.

3. Re: Best route to get to Estero, Fl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 07:17