We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft Myers Beach over Christmas

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NB
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ft Myers Beach over Christmas

We are planning to visit for a few nights over NYE. I have read that Times Square is neat on NYE and we are staying very close to there (at the BW down the road - or beach!).

We have been here before but it was in March (and had a blast) so I was wondering how warm the water will be this time of year? Does it go into the 50's or will it stay in the 60's? Do they still have beach activities this time of year?

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft Myers Beach over Christmas

Yes, NYE is a blast. ps-you posted in Ft. Myers not Ft. Myers Beach but I found you. It is the Towns birthday so there are all day activities NYE, live music, free cupcakes, street vendors and the ball drop at midnight.

NB
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft Myers Beach over Christmas

Oops I didn't realize there was a separate one - thanks for your reply.

Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
4 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft Myers Beach over Christmas

In December, the temperature can range from 80 degrees to 60 degrees, but usually it's around 75 and sunny. In the evening, temperatures can dip into the 50's, so be sure to bring a sweater or jacket. Hope you enjoy your stay!

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,393 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft Myers Beach over Christmas

We go to FL every year, always at the end of December or early January. Speaking as someone who lives in a climate with below zero temps, I still think the central Gulf Coast of FL can be chilly. Most years the weather seems to be in the mid 60s or low 70s. Three years ago, it was 50 degrees the day our cruise ship sailed from Tampa and we about froze to death because we didn't bring long pants. I'd say be prepared for anything from 50-80 degrees. Wear layers that you can remove and you'll be comfortable regardless of the temperature.

5. Re: Ft Myers Beach over Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2013, 10:15