We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for 1 night

Neola, IA
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay for 1 night

We will be arriving at RSW airport at 6:00 pm on a Wed. evening. Our ultimate destination will be Marco Island. Knowing that we are generally downright exhausted on the first day of vacation, I am thinking about spending the first night in Fort Myers versus making the drive to Marco Island that evening. (This will likely save some $ also, versus an extra night at Marco Island). Any recommendations for a hotel that is located in a nice area to have dinner that is not too far off our path from the airport to Marco Island? I can study all the reviews and map locations, but thought it would be faster to ask here.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for 1 night

Check out The Gulf Coast Town Center - just a few miles south of the airport, on your way, has one hotel on site (more across a busy highway), and has several restaurants to choose from.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for 1 night

I agree TGCTC is your best bet,

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for 1 night

If you are looking for a clean, reasonably priced hotel in the Fort Myers airport area, I would suggest the Best Western Airport Hotel or the Hilton Garden Inn, Fort Myers Airport. The Best Western has a nice breakfast and there is a little restaurant next door. The Hilton Garden has a good restaurant on the premises. We stayed at both last year and were very pleased with the hotels.

4. Re: Where to stay for 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 05:21