We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need cheap transportation from Ft. Myers to Marco Island

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need cheap transportation from Ft. Myers to Marco Island

Traveling with 2 others and just need airport to hotel and back again. Checked shuttle service and it's cheaper to rent a car. But one way car rentals still very expensive. Any advice? Know of any discount car rentals? Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need cheap transportation from Ft. Myers to Marco Island

Someone recently posted on a rental car discussion board that she had found a very good price by renting her car through Hotwire. I have used them in years past and did get a pretty good discount. You must pay at the time of booking, though.

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need cheap transportation from Ft. Myers to Marco Island

Thanks, GrandmaMac. I just checked Hotwire and the cheapest I found for an Economy size car for one day is $85! It's cheaper than the shuttle but still very expensive for a one day car rental.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need cheap transportation from Ft. Myers to Marco Island

That's a crazy price! How about Priceline? You can place a bid...they may or may not accept it, but you can keep going back each day and they often will accept a "reasonable" offer as the dates of travel approach. Priceline worked well for me on past rentals.

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need cheap transportation from Ft. Myers to Marco Island

Thanks again, GrandmaMac. I've literally been searching all evening and just did the Priceline bid. They didn't accept it so I'm going to try back tomorrow.

Boston
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need cheap transportation from Ft. Myers to Marco Island

Just use Jack Airport Taxi 239-601-3125, great guy, support a Vet and cheaper than Taxi. Dependable. $75 not including tip. Clean mid sized suv, fit our twin 2 year olds Britax car seats and two adults ( a bit tight in back seat, but we had tons of luggage)

Boston
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need cheap transportation from Ft. Myers to Marco Island

Just use Jack Airport Taxi 239-601-3125, great guy, support a Vet and cheaper than Taxi. Dependable. $75 not including tip. Clean mid sized suv, fit our twin 2 year olds Britax car seats and two adults ( a bit tight in back seat, but we had tons of luggage)

7. Re: Need cheap transportation from Ft. Myers to Marco Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 06:16