We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking to Restaurants/Bars/Shops

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, Delaware
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Walking to Restaurants/Bars/Shops

I am thinking of taking my "young-at-heart" boyfriend to Ft. Myers for his 50th birthday. Not sure if we should stay in Ft. Meyers Beach or Downtown/River district. Want to be able to walk to casual/fun restaurants and bars at night, so looking for a lively area.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,567 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking to Restaurants/Bars/Shops

I would suggest the north end of Fort Myers Beach close to Time Square. You will find everything you want there.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking to Restaurants/Bars/Shops

what daisey10 said!. Check out Best Western, Edison House, Pierview, Beacon, for Beach side.

Holiday Court, Matanzas, Lighthouse, Silver Sands for Bay side, across the street.from the Beach. Check out our local paper www.islandsandpaper.com

All walking distance to each other, Time Square, the Pier, shopping, Restaurants and Bars with entertainment

Come on down.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking to Restaurants/Bars/Shops

Yes Fort Myers Beach !

Dont forget the trolly that run up and down if your legs get tired !

Take the "Old " Boy into Hooters far a laugh - good burgers too :)

Had my 65th & Christmas day lunch at the Bayside Bistro overlooking nack bay and boats ! - Enjoy..

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking to Restaurants/Bars/Shops

I am 46 and my wife is a couple of yrs older. We are not old fuddy duddies, but we like the southern end of Fort Myers Beach. You can still walk to places, take the trolley, or if you rent a car, are still close enough to Times Square. The thing we like the most is that we are not right in the "spring break" crowd that tends to get a bit crazy

Georgia
Level Contributor
379 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking to Restaurants/Bars/Shops

I agree with the most recent poster. We're in our early 40s and love the South end. We usually stay at Sandarac or Palm Harbor and can easily walk to several bars and restaurants. The Holiday Inn beach bar is lots of fun for open air entertainment. Santini Plaza has a couple indoor bars - one usually has live music.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking to Restaurants/Bars/Shops

Live music at Holiday Inn 5/6-8/9, Deb & The Dynamics Fridays 6-9=awesome Band

7. Re: Walking to Restaurants/Bars/Shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 07:19