We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale or Miami

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
532 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale or Miami

We rented a house in Fort Myers Beach for the first week in May. We have friends in Fort Laudredale and Miami that we are considering visiting during our stay. How is the drive from Fort Myers to either of these cities? MapQuest puts Ft Lauderdale at about 2 1/2 hours. I'm a little concerned about the 97 mile drive across I 75. I don't mind driving but some road trips can be more tirering or boring than others .

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,721 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale or Miami

Alligator Alley is now a modern four lane highway, not very scenic, there are several rest area's as well as recreational stops along the way. Load up your MP3 with some good tunes and enjoy the ride...

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale or Miami

97 miles across the Alley is easy. Maybe "boring" but a lot nicer and easier than driving most other interstates: little traffic and hardly any merging to deal with. Get to the east coast roads and you'll wish you were back on the Alley.

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale or Miami

Ihave made the trek before, and yes about 2.5 hrs sounds about right. In fact we went from Ft. Myers to visit my uncle in Ft.lauderdale. It was a bit long and boring. I tell you I wouldnt want to break down out there. The coolest part was near the eastern side. My wife made me pull over so that she could get pictures of all the alligators on the side of the road. Fortunately there is a fence seperating the gators from the highway!

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale or Miami

have them meet you in Marco Island for a day trip. 1.5 hours for you, 2 hours or so for them. alternate for everglades tour would be everglades city

Christina Lake...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale or Miami

We will need transport from Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale cruise terminal in November. Can you recommend a reliable shuttle bus or alternative?

6. Re: Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale or Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 06:19