We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft Myers beach access?

minneapolis
7 posts
Save Topic
Ft Myers beach access?

Staying in Ft. Myers. Are there any beaches to get to without renting a car or an expensive taxi ride?

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft Myers beach access?

Hopefully you will get a local to respond but it seems you could probably do it by bus to Summerlin square and then taking the beach trolley.

Random schedule here rideleetran.com/pdfs/…20130.pdf

Trolley schedule www.fmb360.com/pdfs/Trolley-summer-2013.pdf

Hope this helps but consider asking tourist board or C oF C or where you will be staying.

Hope this helps.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft Myers beach access?

where in Ft. Myers?

Level Contributor
371 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft Myers beach access?

It really depends on if you are staying in the city of Ft. Myers or Ft. Myers beach? Do you know where you are staying?

minneapolis
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft Myers beach access?

Staying at one of the airport hotels so I can take the shuttle. I know I can sit by the pool, but it seems a shame not to get to a beach. In any case it will be wonderful to get 80 degrees. Cars rentals seem particularly expensive in this area. Thanks to all of you for your responses!

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ft Myers beach access?

Do what I do. Stay at a hotel on the beach!

minneapolis
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ft Myers beach access?

Do you take a taxi to the hotel? Cost? Thanks!

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ft Myers beach access?

The shame is going all the way to Ft Myers and not staying on the beach. It takes at least 30 minutes (if you are lucky) to drive to Ft Myers Beach from Daniels. There is a trolley that runs the beach if you stay over there. You can get from the airport to the beach on a bus, but I imagine it would take some time.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ft Myers beach access?

Florida taxi service charges are a fixed rate by zones. I believe from airport to FMB is $50 + tip. You can find it online google fort myers taxi rates

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ft Myers beach access?

I would also suggest you stay right on FMB, there are so many hotels and condos to choose from.

10. Re: Ft Myers beach access?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 06:17