We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to buy local seafood?

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
965 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Place to buy local seafood?

Staying close to Lehigh Acres - but we will be driving around, so open to places in the area?

Any local shrimp when we are visiting in first week in june?

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to buy local seafood?

Beach Seafood is the best...under the bridge by the beach.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to buy local seafood?

Beach Seafood is down Main Street, a left before going over the Bridge. Friday AM's we have a Farmers Market under the Bridge with local fresh foods/plants.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
965 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to buy local seafood?

Thank you for the reply - already had Beach Seafood on my list from reading TA. Good to know that there is a farmer's market there on Friday morn - but bummer because we are leaving on Sat. morn.

Chicago. Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to buy local seafood?

Just returned from Ft Myers and was SHOCKED to here that our quirky ,lovable shack will be moving shortly . Although it promises to be bigger and better we will miss the proximity to the shrimp boats. They will be occupying the former home of the sandy butler . New, longer restaurant hrs and newer building but ......we will miss the old location . Also the pink shrimp season has been difficult this year . You should call ahead to see if they have pinks or just the texas browns before heading over . All shrimp caught has been frozen on the boat . If they have pinks you may want to buy a couple 5lb boxes to have around for use whenever. Beacjh seafood current phone is 239 463 8811 .

sandy butler location is 17650 san carlos blvd which is about 2-3 miles north off the island . good luck and report back.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to buy local seafood?

Is Beach Seafood moving to Sandy Butler location? Then moving Seafood from the docks inland to that location? Trico is still on Main Street at the Docks. I'll be heading down Main asap? I need to know.

Chicago. Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to buy local seafood?

yes beach seafood moving to sandy butler . will have shrimp processing at new location. isnt trico owned by same person ? not sure if there moving . i am back in fmb next week . more news then . for right now there shooting for june 1 startup for rest at new location name is something west .same name as his other rest on 41

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to buy local seafood?

Things that make you go hhmmm. Thanks for the Heads Up.

Chicago. Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to buy local seafood?

Beach bratz,

Glad to help a active contributor like yourself . Hope they succeed . Not sure about the location though . Grass not always greener.think future ebb tide played a role ?

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Place to buy local seafood?

hhmmm :)

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Place to buy local seafood?

LV2SNORKEL- thanks for the info...but I am also very disappointed. I luv beach seafood and there location on the docks....we go there every visit and have bought 5lb boxes of the pink shrimp several times....they are the best! agree.... the grass is not always greener. Planned on going there at the end of the month sure hope they are open during the move. Are they extending the restaurant at the new location??? Wish them much luck but I have to admit I do not like this...lol

future ebb tide??? restaurant on 41??

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers
Recent Conversations