We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go/stay?

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
185 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go/stay?

I am flying into Ft. Myers in February, 2014 and am curious where to go/stay? I'm considering driving up to Siesta Key, Marco Island or even Sanibel Island. It's a 4-day stay for some fun in the sun. Looking for a nice (reasonably priced) area that would have access to a gym, spa, pubs/restauranta and, of course, the beach and a pool.

Thanks!

Shumax

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go/stay?

Well, based on a "first impression", sounds as though you might be a fairly active individual...probably not wanting to just find a beautiful beach and hang out?? Each of the destinations you are considering would probably provide you with plenty of options that would meet your needs, but I found myself thinking you might find Siesta Key very much to your liking. Finding just the right spot near SIESTA VILLAGE would give you easy access to one of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the country. Lots of small, pleasant accommodations with pools very near to the village center and a nice gym as well. A variety of restaurants and interesting shops to explore in / near the village and easy trip over to Sarasota if you want to change up the pace a little.

Any of the options you named will provide you with a pleasant four day stay and interesting things to do. For starters, would suggest you visit the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce website for a better overview of what they have to offer and you might do the same for the other options.

Actually, since you are flying into RSW, you might consider Fort Myers Beach as well. You will find most of what you are looking for there, too.

Edited: 16 November 2013, 21:42
Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
185 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go/stay?

Thanks for the insight! I ended up at the The Capri At Siesta. They had a good rate on Priceline that I couldn't pass up. I need to locate a gym to use while I am there, but I see there are a few options.

Is there a central shopping district in the area that I could go to that might be close by (walking distance) to the Capri?

Thanks again!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go/stay?

Congratulations! You managed to book a stay at a Siesta Key favorite for a couples getaway. There are some shops and restaurants nearby, but the village is down the road a bit...not terribly far at all. I'm sure the staff at the Capri will give you any additional pointers you might need to make your getaway relaxing and enjoyable.

4. Re: Where to go/stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:16