We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MBA Airport Transportation from Airport

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
79 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
MBA Airport Transportation from Airport

I see from the airport website that MBA Airport Taxi's charge flat rates from the airport. It also says "Rates to the airport are not regulated by the Port Authority".

Can we schedule a pick-up from our rental returning to the airport? If so, are the rates the same or different back to the airport?

Any other suggestions for a party of 6 getting to/from the airport to rental house - without renting a car?

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: MBA Airport Transportation from Airport

ON January 10th while traveling from RSW to my home I encountered an unpleasant experience with my driver ( MBA).. my driver was reading texts from his personal phone, i asked him to stop doing that, which he did.

while exiting the van, the automatic door severly cut my leg and i was bleeding down into my shoe

the driver was polite and asked if there was anything he could do. at this point, all i wanted to do was enter my home and clean and bandage my leg.

on jan 12, i arrived at the " office" and spoke with jim byrne, showed him my leg and remarked that " all i wanted was my tip back" because after all i was transported to my home ( in an unsafe manner ) but transported non the less.. he assured at that time that the office manager, michelle byrne would phone me in the evening, which she did.. I was informed by michelle that a full refund would be sent to me ($36.00 ).

. as of this date i have sent 3 emails to no avail... no check, no response . very poor business practice..

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: MBA Airport Transportation from Airport

rates are the same.. rates go by " districts" .. a to b is a set price.... a to c is a set price , a to d etc.. prices are fair in my opinion.

see my comment above regarding this company..

they are convenient, and the only one at the airport.. they are actually 3 transport companies that merged into one.. i have used them frequently, however my last experience was not a pleasant one ... they have a website and also a " comments" section somewhere around that site.. hope this helps..

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MBA Airport Transportation from Airport

IMO the Lee County taxi's ... those at RSW ... are high due to the fact they have no competition.

I never use those taxi's ... I always use Collier County taxi's ... cheaper but you must contract for them prior to your arrival at the airport.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: MBA Airport Transportation from Airport

good to know, thanks!

5. Re: MBA Airport Transportation from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2016, 06:17