We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fox Rent A Car

New England
Level Contributor
213 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Fox Rent A Car

Hey TA friends! has anyone rented a car from FOX Rent A Car? I am looking for opinions. Should I rent from them? It seems they are 5-10 minutes from airport with a free shuttle and their prices are better. I can get a convertible for my 6 days for around $400. has anyone had a good or bad experience with them they would share?

Thanks!

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fox Rent A Car

I went with firefly as it was a really good price...but, i'm a little weary that it may be too good to be true. I guess i'll find out if my gamble paid off in a couple of weeks.

Toronto, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fox Rent A Car

Fox is pretty good, no issues

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fox Rent A Car

DO NOT RENT from Fox. Don't go NEAR THIS company. Went with Fox to save money. What a joke !!! Takes two shuttles to get to off airport location. Took forever to stand in line (over 45 min.) One customer stood and complained with service desk and two people walked out the door in the mean time. I would have walked out too but I pre-paid on CarRentals.com. Not the car size I paid to upgrade to. Dirty. Filthy seats and windows. Turned on A/C and car had engine issues with the A/C turned on in the 104 degree Nevada weather. NEXT: Car blows tire on Hwy 215 and pull off to parking lot where I, my newlywed husband, brother, sister-in-law and my Mother (who were only there in Vegas for 48 hours for my wedding), sat in the hot Vegas sun waiting over 2 1/2 hours for the tow truck to bring a replacement car because there wasn't a spare tire in the trunk. They DON'T even have a SPARE tire ! Just fix-a-flat in the trunk (which didn't work) My family had to call a taxi and pay $60 (plus tip) to make it to the airport on time. My husband and I waited for the replacement car. We called the Roadside assistance several times in the course of 2 1/2 hours and got several versions of how soon they were going to show up. After they did FINALLY show up, we got back to the rental desk just in time to demand that they take us to the airport (5 miles away) so that we didn't miss our flight. We sped to the airport and hurried through TSA and just made the flight before they closed the boarding doors (thanks goodness the plane was running late or we would have had to pay SW Airline $$ to catch a plane the next day).Called Fox the next day after we got home and they offered to pay for 2 days rental after a long argument , a total of $23.83 (not even enough to pay my brother back for his cost of the taxi, not to mention my embarrassment for picking this rental company). I have never had problems with other low cost rental companies like Advantage or Payless...! DON'T RUIN YOUR VACATION TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS !!!!

Aldie, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Fox Rent A Car

I wholeheartedly agree. I booked a rental car with FOX rent a car at LAX airport and was thoroughly disappointed by the experience. There were over 100 people waiting in line to rent their car and saw only 3 agents at their counter. The line hardly moved. For a minute, I was wondering if I was in a third world country to experience such a shoddy service. The agents didn't seem to care and did not show any sense of urgency given the long line. I strongly suggest not renting a car at FOX rent a car. No one deserves a bad start to their vacation.

Level Contributor
6 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fox Rent A Car

We too had the rental car experience from hell at Fox's remote LAX site this week. I was trying to save money but with add ons, didn't save anything. The shuttles to the location were less frequent than other companies. The driver was very unprofessional and so large she couldn't help with luggage. The wait at the counter was 45 minutes. Customers were yelling at the Fox employees because they were so mad. It felt unsafe. It was a rough crowd. Then, once we got our paper work done, we had to stand in the hot warehouse in what was the most chaotic situation I've ever seen. 80 people in no lines waiting for cars. The odd part: There were plenty of cars, but no order. No efficiency. Three people shuffling papers randomly selecting people. No one knew what do to. Customers were very mad and yelling. I should've video taped it because it was unbelievable. We would have walked out but we had pre paid through car rentals.com. Then, upon return, we had to take a cab to the airport because the shuttle was not there. It's a bad sign when cabs are lined up outside the car rental return but we were glad we were able to use one. Again, cha ching.. NO savings. NEVER again. Car Rentals should pull them from their site.

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fox Rent A Car

Don't chance ruining your vacation to save a few bucks! Old, in maintained vehicles, they know they've "got" you once you are here. Non existent customer service. You get what you pay for!!!

Islamorada, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fox Rent A Car

I think there is a reason you can't find this place on trip advisor to write a review. Next time I will pay $200 more to go somewhere else. They didn't have a vehicle when we got there despite our having paid a deposit. A couple hours later one came in and we got that, loosely cleaned but nice and new vehicle, upon return they said there was a $20 cleaning fee. Surprise fees and terrible customer service do not make for apleasant vacation experience.

8. Re: Fox Rent A Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2016, 06:17