We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

on island transportation after 9:00PM

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nj
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
on island transportation after 9:00PM

we will be staying at the gullwing mid july. how is the traffic at that time? we're debating renting a car since trolley stops so early. are there taxi's available and are there taxi stands or must we call....also, how evpensive are taxis on the island...say, from times square to gullwing?

thanks

nj
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: on island transportation after 9:00PM

please

someone?

bump

north island
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: on island transportation after 9:00PM

Unless you are interested in spending most of you timein the Gullwing area, I would reccommend renting a car. The island is 7 miles long, and you might want to take a day trip or two off the island for shopping and sightseeing. The trolley does end it's service early. Plus the trolley is running on a summer schedule (not as frequent). Traffic in mid July is NOT a problem. There are taxis available on the island. They park at a 7-11 store on the north end. I assume you need to call them for service. Cost, I don't know. If you do rent a car, you might want to give a local your business, Tom at sensiblecarrentalfla.com comes highly reccommended. He'll pick you up at the airport and give you a complimentary ride back to his office near the beach. Tell him you heard about him through this forum.

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
344 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: on island transportation after 9:00PM

I would rent a car. We stayed at Diamond Head which is walking distance to downtown, but did do some day trips.. Sensible rental was quick and easy. Highly recommended.

nj
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: on island transportation after 9:00PM

thank you both very much...i will check out the rentals.

diane

5. Re: on island transportation after 9:00PM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 21:17