We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel and Lovers Key in June or July

san diego
2 posts
Save Topic
Sanibel and Lovers Key in June or July

Hi, I'm new to this site, I really love the great feed back you all provide. My wife and I are planning a romantic 25th anniversary trip to both Sanibel and Lovers Key Beach in June or July. Are we crazy to go to Florida that time of year? ( We live in San Diego, we have very little humidity here.) We love quite secluded beaches to be alone. We were thinking of a total of five days in combination of the two areas. Any suggestions would be a great help.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanibel and Lovers Key in June or July

I think you'll have a great time. It will be hot and humid, and you'll probably get late afternoon showers, but nothing that should ruin your days.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel and Lovers Key in June or July

You will not be alone on Lovers key, there is only 3 miles of beaches and a parking lot that holds 300 cars. just depends onthe day (weekdays less people) Summer here is humid and it rains in the afternoons but it is not bad, it is cheaper, less crowded, more Europeans, parts of Sanibel are more secluded depending on where you are staying but get to a barrier island ( boat only) if you want to be alone.

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
284 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel and Lovers Key in June or July

You can walk and find alone time on Lovers Key.. This time of year is not crowded and .......... after the trolley stops on lovers key you might actually have the beach to yourself for a sunset. Not that far of a walk so don't even bother with it. Lover's Key has 2 ways to get in.. there is a point off of both that most don't walk that far. It is an awsome place and I really think you will enjoy it.

As far as humidity... at the beach in the water or at a pool you will be fine.It is hot and humid but not near as much right on the gulf. This is my favorite time of year here. No jackets, goosebumps, or not much traffic.

san diego
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanibel and Lovers Key in June or July

Thanks so much for the great info. Any ideas where to stay on both Sanibel and Lovers Key? We are not into large resorts, too many people and kids, this trip is just for the two of us, our kids are staying home this time. Waterfront is best on Sanibel. Lovers Key, I have no idea, please help. Regarding barrier islands, I assume I would rent a boat, how much, and how far is the boat ride.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanibel and Lovers Key in June or July

I believe there are only one hotel/resort on Lovers Key--Lovers Key Resort. The beach there is very small. I've visited there and ate at the waterside restaurant, but I haven't stayed there. The building, lobby, and grounds look very nice. You'll need to drive (or maybe there's a shuttle?) to take you to the nearby Lovers Key state park where you'll find wonderful beaches and rentals for bikes, canoes/kayaks.

6. Re: Sanibel and Lovers Key in June or July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach
Recent Conversations