We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Ft. Myers right for us?

colorado
Level Contributor
413 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Is Ft. Myers right for us?

Hello everybody. I am booking a vacation for Christmas for eight people. We want a beach vacation at a resort/condo with a great pool. Is the water warm enough to swim in? Is the water clear? Would like to stay at a nice place right on the beach, any suggestion??? Thanks.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Ft. Myers right for us?

Our favorite resort on FMB is Pointe Estero- Great Pool, Beach Front, Luxury 2 br condo with awesome screened baloncy- super sunsets.

We always went in Feb. not sure about water temps in Dec.

Greenfield, MA
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Ft. Myers right for us?

My wife and I go on Xmas week and it is usually warm enough to go swimming. on some of the days. The pool may be heated. We do see some swimmers in the ocean too

I'll let someopne else chime in with info about a room; however, nearTimes Square would be nice.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Ft. Myers right for us?

PinkShell.com

diamondheadfl.com

or at other end is

gullwingfl.com

and a Holiday Inn

vrbo.com

the water is clear until a storm stirs it up, most pools are heated because it is too cold for us.

fla
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Ft. Myers right for us?

If the water is a little murky at Ft. Myers Beach, there are about five other beaches within 15 miles. If you don't like one you can always drive to another. Usually. the further south you go on Estero island, the clearer the water gets.

Mentioned in this post
Estero
Estero
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Bloomington...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Ft. Myers right for us?

try the outrigger resort. Nice, clean, right on the beach.

colorado
Level Contributor
413 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Ft. Myers right for us?

Thanks for all of your help. Looks like I have alot of research to do.

7. Re: Is Ft. Myers right for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach