We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break on the South End

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
albany, ny
1 post
Save Topic
Spring Break on the South End

Hey there, 10 of my friends and I are planning on coming down to FMB for spring break this year (march 8-15). I've been looking for places in the north end but I've been having trouble finding any condos or houses, and most hotels seem to be out of our price range.

So, does anyone have any tips on finding a place around the north side that could accomodate so many people (or even cheaper hotels)? And do you think getting a place on the south end might damper our spring break there?

Thanks for any info!

north island
Level Contributor
386 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break on the South End

Try the Periwinkle motel. It's nothing special , but may have rooms.

chicago illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break on the South End

There are a bunch of little motels down there. Call the chamber of commerce. There were a few hotels in the time square area which is the hot spot to be.

We just did a girls weekend there this past weekend and here are some cool dos and donts:

Barking Shark....forget it! Food was TERRIBLE. We went the first night and the place smelled and was sketchy. We ordered a miller lite, they were out so brought us a highlife, then they kept running out each order so we went from highlife to coors lite to bud lite to budweiser, then didnt touch our food and got a $180 tab for 16 beers and horrible terrible food, the crab cakes were like stovetop stuffing fried.

The 25 cent trolley was awesome, but if you stay near time square, then you can walk everwhere!

Lani Kai is reasonable and the spring break hotspot, they have djs and live music on the beach, its super cool. Plus all the boaters pull up and anchor in front of the Lani Kai and they have 4 bars including a rooftop. Also best place to watch the sunset!

The cottage bar is next door and is an absolute blast with reasonable prices.

The beached whale is across the street and has $5.75 jagerbomb shots and the best ribs and pulled pork sandwich we ever had, ever! They have great bands too!

SOB's, Chloes and Charlies Boathouse had awesome food, but higher end.

They have great happy hour specials in time square, most places have $1.49 domestic drafts from 3pm to 6pm.

The bridge is great for their huge reggae party on sundays...take the trolley there, its over the bridge.

We stayed at the diamondhead beach resort which was great! Everyone knew our names after the 2nd day and they have a great pool and 2 hottubs...right on the beach and close to the nightlife. Plus they have 2 room suites with kitchenettes, so you can shop at the Publix (take the trolley) and save big time on food. There is a fridge and a microwave, plus toaster, plates, dishwasher, utensils and wine opener.

Be careful when you are eating anywhere on the beach or by a pool, the seagulls are terrible, they know the minute your food comes out and keep swooping in to grab it, 3 out of 5 times they are successful. They are not afraid of people at all and very determined.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
804 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break on the South End

Try the Lighthouse Resort

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
737 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break on the South End

WrigleyGirl -

I will be in Ft Myers from March 3-6. Do you think Lani Kai is the best option. I found it for 170 a night on one site. ??

Thanks,

G Man

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Break on the South End

GMAN the Lani Kai is a spring break mecca and a PIT!!! If you are not in college and don't like nasty, smelly, loud and obnoxious do not stay here.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
737 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Break on the South End

Haha, thanks, i got that vibe the more i talked to people and ended up getting the Lighthouse Inn, which was $10 bucks less and just down the block....

G Man

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
606 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring Break on the South End

Good choice..the Lighthouse is great!

8. Re: Spring Break on the South End

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 18:20
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach