We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoomers

Indiana
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Zoomers

My wife and 3 boys will be down to FMB May 10-17 and for the last 2 years have been wondering why Zoomerz go kart track around the intersection of I think san carlos and Estero? will ever open or what the status is. Will this be my boys 3rd year of disappointment? Thanks for any input, we love FMB, 21 years in a row now for me!!

Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
353 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoomers

Sorry to report that it's still not open. (It's on Summerlin.) It's such a tease for my 6 yr old everytime we drive past it! The story I heard was that the owners went bankrupt, then it was put for sale for awhile. Then the owners came back and started to do some more work on it for a brief period (getting my son very excited) and then nothing again. It's too bad because it looks like it would be really cute. How old are your boys? There are some other fun things around town for them.

Indiana
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoomers

Thanks for the reply Makena

My boys are 13,9,and 6. They have been down every year since they were all babies. Of course from the airport to the beach was drive past Zoomers only to be disappointed at the start of our vacation. They love the "thrill" activities. We have been to Mike Greenwell's in Cape for the go carts but was hoping Zoomers was open for a little closer drive from FMB.

Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
353 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoomers

I was going to suggest Mike Greenwells but it sounds like after all these years of visiting that you know the area well. There is a newish water park in North Naples off Livingston that is a lot of fun. It's called Sun N Fun Lagoon. If you get sick of the beach the boys might like it.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoomers

I was wondering that myself. Actually drove into the parking lot to look around a few weeks ago. I thought that they had opened and then closed but according to postings here, it seems they never opened.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoomers

Zoomers ran out of money-so close to opening, they were actually hiring at the time. All our beach kids that have been WAITING are driving cars now!!!

6. Re: Zoomers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach
Recent Conversations