We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can i take the teenagers when its cold out?

Lavallette, New...
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where can i take the teenagers when its cold out?

Arrived last night for 5 days. have 2 teens with me. besides the movie theater, what else can we do while the weather is cold and windy? thanks!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can i take the teenagers when its cold out?

This happened to me last year over Easter. I took my daughter to a mall with a nice big Ron Jons in it. It had restaurants and lots of shops. The address was Fort Myers but I can not remember the name of the mall. Maybe Look up Ron Jons Fort Myers??

Edison and Fords Home might interest them when its cold and windy. Hope things warm up for you.

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can i take the teenagers when its cold out?

Shopping is good. Take them to Edison mall, Miramar outlets, Coconut Point, or Gulf Coast Town Center. All but Edison Mall are open shopping areas though.

King Richard's fun park in Naples has laser tag and arcade games. There is also a midway-type ride area outside, if not too cold.

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can i take the teenagers when its cold out?

Check out Bay Oaks rec center. I think that's where some of the Island teens go. Basketball, weight room, pool. It's tucked back by the school & pool, on Oak.

Lavallette, New...
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can i take the teenagers when its cold out?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. We went over to Manatee Park today and saw about 30 manatees. The guide said by the morning there will be about 70-80 of them as the gulf is so cold and they stay warm near the power plant.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can i take the teenagers when its cold out?

By now the cold front has moved through and you should be expecting highs in the 80's. Ft. Myers probably won't have another cold front til next year. Have a good time!

6. Re: Where can i take the teenagers when its cold out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach