We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single mom with 4 yr. old

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Single mom with 4 yr. old

My daughter is looking for moderate to inexpensive hotel on beach with pool. Needs to be walking distance to restaurants because she is not planning to rent a car. I posted on FT Myers forum not knowing they are different locations.

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single mom with 4 yr. old

"Moderate to inexpensive" is going to vary widely depending on when your daughter would like to visit. She can check the Edison Beach House, just north of Times Square and within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. Well priced, secure and has a small pool. Nearby Times Square, but not on the beach, is Silver Sands Villas which is also moderately priced, cute as a button, and with a pool. Also the Lighthouse is off the beach but may be in her range. The Beacon is on the beach, but I don't know if they have a pool.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single mom with 4 yr. old

Island Girl, I dont believe Beacon has a pool. She can also check out Matanzas Inn. I stayed there last year and it was great. No more than a 5 minute walk to the beach. I will be there on Wed. March 25th!

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single mom with 4 yr. old

Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't think it did, but wasn't sure :-)

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single mom with 4 yr. old

check out www.theholidaycourt.com located right across from Lynn Hall Park/ the Pier but nestled off the beaten path, heated pool and there is a playground across the street. Restaurants and shops all walking distance.

US
Level Contributor
494 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single mom with 4 yr. old

Hey - she could get a hotel with no pool - and go to the community pool - really nice - next to topps - has a water slide, zero depth entry with squirt guns, buckets filling and dumping and other water features - only costs a few bucks a day..something like 4 or 5 dollars.

www.fortmyersbeachfl.gov/index.asp?NID=110

Fort Myers Beach Community Pool

2600 Oak St.

Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931

Ph: (239) 463-5759

Hours

June - August

10:00 am - 7:00 pm

Seven days a week

September - May

10:00 am - 7 :00 pm

Closed Tuesdays and Thursdays

6. Re: Single mom with 4 yr. old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach