We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on Ft meyers beach

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel on Ft meyers beach

WHERE SHOULD MY HUBBY AND I STAY ON THE BEACH?

We are looking for a beach front with balcony and pool close to resteraunts within walkimng distance

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on Ft meyers beach

Really depends on your tastes, budget, etc.

We've stayed at the Pink Shell the last 2 years. It's not cheap, but great for kids. I walked down the beach and snooped around the new Best Western. It looked very nice, and TA shows the price as moderate.

Both are within walking distance of the pier but Best Western is closer. Edison and Casa Playa are also north of the pier and a little closer than Pink Shell.

Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on Ft meyers beach

You may want to take a look at DiamondHead Beach Resort. It's close to many restaurants. It's not expensive this time of year.

You can also rent a condo if that is more your speed. There are alot of condos which you can rent on the island. There is a trolley which runs the entire length of the island just in case you don't have a car or don't feel like driving.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on Ft meyers beach

i have been looking at both the websites for pinkshell and edison, which is better? seems like oink shell has alot ofr kids also, but it our annoversary,no kids coming.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on Ft meyers beach

We booked the Edison House, it seemed nice, kind of pricey, as was the Pink Shell, the Pink Shell seemed to offer more for kids, loved the looks of their pool though, ha,ha,

Clinton, Iowa
Level Contributor
239 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel on Ft meyers beach

The Edison is very well suited for adults, nice rooms, pool (small), very quiet and easy walk to the Times Square area. Have stayed there twice.

The Best Western is also very nice, very well suited for families. Good pool and green space area for shade. very good free breakfast (a real plus for kids). Again easy walk to the Times Square area.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel on Ft meyers beach

any wave runner rentals near the Edison Bch House?

7. Re: Hotel on Ft meyers beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 05:17