We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with lodging

Prior Lake, MN
Level Contributor
138 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with lodging

We are looking at coming to the Fort Myers area Jan 17-23. 2 adults 2 kids (10 & 13). We would like to stay on or very close to the beach area. No particular location. I have been looking at the VRBO and it is a bit overwhelming. Is it possible to find something under $1000 per week? We would like to have something with a kitchen. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with lodging

Are you looking for one condo or 2.

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with lodging

Sorry I read that as 4 adults so of course you want one. january isn`t the busiest month so you shoule be able to get something for around$1000. per week. Try talking to one of the girls at a rental agency. Some owners are very flexible right now.

Prior Lake, MN
Level Contributor
138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with lodging

Thank you I will try that. I am trying to book a nice vacation on a budget! Not too easy. I was able to find flights for under $900. Now just have to find a place to stay and a car rental.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with lodging

Jan. may not be the busiest month of thr year but hotels and condo owners consider it high season because of the snow bird traffic, I know rates go up on Dec.18 until after new year. You can check out rates on www.coastalrentals.com. I agree with Canuckiam a real estate agent may be able to help, some owners might be willing to make a deal rather than have there unit go empty. Good Luck.

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with lodging

Call Moonlight Rentals 239-463-3300, www.vacationrentalsfortmyersbeach.com. They have clean, basic accommodations all over the beach. They have good pricing and are willing to negotiate prices. They saved the day recently when my parents arrived to find the place they had rented (from an independent owner) was a pit. Very nice people.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with lodging

islandgirl thanks for posting an excellent site.

Michigan
Level Contributor
185 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with lodging

fortmyers.org is the chambers website. On the site I signed up for email specials and typed in the dates of my stay and condo and hotel owners sent me their prices- some even sent photos.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help with lodging

Try Dolphin Inn towards the southern end.

While not on the beach, it was a 2 minute walk across the street and down a grassy strip to what I'd say is the widest part of the FM beach. It was gorgeous.

They have the 1 BR apartments which will really sleep 7 if need be - there was a king size bed in the bedroom, a pull out sofa bed, and a double bed and single bed in the closed in balcony area.

But do be aware that the place is OLD and the owners are new, but they are trying to update the place as they can. The pool is GORGEOUS and was heated to a lovely 88 degrees.

During our stay in room 10, I noticed that room 11 had no doorknob - I peeked in to see the room was stripped bare and they were updating everything from paint to carpet. I'm sure they will get to each of the rooms in turn.

9. Re: Need help with lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2010, 06:52
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach