We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Fort Myers Beach

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wi
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Fort Myers Beach

Hello! In 15 more days we'll be out of this awful Wisconsin winter and it'll be sunshine and palm trees can't wait! Wondering what the weather is gonna be like the last week of December and if the ocean is warm enough to swim in? Also if anyone has any must dos while we're there or any other input would be awesome. We're taking our RV and staying at the Gulf Air. Thanks for any input.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,585 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Fort Myers Beach

For the most part the weather in Dec. is very nice. I have always had good luck but some times mother nature can throw a curve ball. Check Yahoo weather for long range temps. Times Square is a fun place to be. You can fish off the pier and there are many restaurants and shops. It will be all decorated for the holidays. If your into water sports check the left side of the page as to where to rent equipment. If you have a half day go over to Sanibel Island it's very nice. If your interested in any special type of restaurants let us know. Enjoy the sunsets on the beach and have a great time.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Fort Myers Beach

If you have young children, I highly recommend the Pieces of Eight pirate cruise. It was a lot of fun!

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Fort Myers Beach

The RV park probably has a heated pool. The ocean temp is too cold for me (about 70) but you might be ok w/it. There are several outlet malls nearby so if you need to shop---there's lots.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Fort Myers Beach

The RV park probably has a heated pool. The ocean temp is too cold for me (about 70) but you might be ok w/it. There are several outlet malls nearby so if you need to shop---there's lots.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Fort Myers Beach

I really enjoy dinner at the Pierside restaurant - or just drinks on their outside patio. They always have live music. Nice spot right on the water. There is also a hotel, sorry but I don't remember the name, but it is just down from The Pierside, that seems to always have activities going on outside. We have walked over there to watch the fun.

Parrot Key, on the other side of the bridge, is a great little Chikki Hut type restaurant with a fun entertainer, Frank Torino.

6. Re: First time to Fort Myers Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2010, 05:16