We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando International Airport to Fort Myers

Liverpool
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando International Airport to Fort Myers

Fort Myers beach has been recommended to me as a holiday destination. I would be flying into Orlando International Airport from the UK. How easy would it be to get to Fort Myers from there. We would not have a car so will need transportation.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,601 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando International Airport to Fort Myers

I know Sunshine shuttles goes to Tampa, but I don't know of amy shuttles to ft myers. Try a google. Greyhound bus will get you there, but I don't recommend it. You could try to grab a cheap short flight.

Florida is not a public transport friendly kid of place.

I would look into flights to Key West, as once on the groaund KW is easier to do w/o a car than FtMyers beach.

maine
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando International Airport to Fort Myers

Southwest Airlines has non-stop flights from Orlando to Ft. Myers, about 4 daily I think. I think the cost is about $78.00 before fees. We are staying in Orlando for a week next May and then flying to Ft. Myers for a week after that and we will be using this flight to get there.

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando International Airport to Fort Myers

You will either have to fly from MCO to RSW or rent a car and drive. It is about a 4-hour drive from Orlando to Fort Myers Beach - but worth it! If you fly into RSW, it is about a $50 cab ride to the beach.

4. Re: Orlando International Airport to Fort Myers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach