We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Niagara
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rental

Which is the most reasonable car rental company out of Fort Myers airport.? We are arriving April 24th for one week, looking for a midsize car.

Sydney, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

Try Priceline.com and use the "name your price option". I got a full size car to be picked up that same day at RSW and dropped off at FLL a week later for 229. incl. taxes and drop off fee. If you are picking up and dropping off at RSW, you should get it at a lower price. Hope this helps.....

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

There isn't usually a big difference in price for pick up and drop off at different airports in Fl - maybe $10.

There isn't a 'most reasonable' car rental company at RSW, unfortunately. What you need to do is start searching the different companies, checking daily for better rates. You can usually reserve without a credit card, so when you find a better rate - just cancel the prior one.

Look at rentalcarmomma, Costco, Mousesavers, travelzoo for discounts - also hotwire and priceline. Keep in mind if you bid on a car thru hotwire or priceline, you won't be able to cancel if you find a better deal.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

Yeah - there is hardly any competition there anymore outside the majors. And remember that Enterprise owns Alamo & National as of 2008. And Dollar and Budget are owned by the same company. So you can see why prices are higher.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
4 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Hi almo5,

We are also arriving on April 24th at RSW. We placed a bid on Priceline for a car at $14 and got an intermediate at Hertz until the 30th.

With tax and fees it was about $134.00.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

try hotwire too. I just got an update that listed ft. myers cars for 8.95 a day.the closer to the vacation you are the lwoer the rates seem to get.

I rented at budget last month at the airport. the flight from Mpls took 3 hours. I stood in line to pick up the car 1 and 1/2 hours. then signing all the papers and declining all of the offered options took another 15 minutes.

Do not get the fuel option. just fill up yourself. one rental i paid $33 for the fuel option and used less than a half a tank of gas, about 5 gallson. that made the gas over $6 a gallon

6. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 15:16
Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental

another one is breezenet.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental

I tried your dates at National with Contract #5299328 and Coupon #ND1881JDK. Total for a midsize with all taxes/fees included was $191 if you return the car on May 1st (or $187 if you return it April 30th).

You can always reserve this as your "place-holder" while you check some of the other options suggested to see if you find a better deal. Good luck!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental

I just heard on the news today, that Priceline is offering to reimburse you if you find a better deal after you have paid for a car through their bidding system.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental

hI almo, hope you're having a great time!!! since you're already in fmb, this is not going to help. but we just got a great deal with enterprise rental cars, for one week we're paying $139.90 for a standard car, we booked it online and found this was a sweet deal. hope this helps others looking into renting....rain, rain...stay away pleeeeze!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach
Recent Conversations