We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Playa

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Casa Playa

What are the hotels both to the left & right of Casa Playa? Just wondering how much beach area there is between the 2 hotels.

Is it really a short walk to Time Square from CP, like how many minutes?

Thanks.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
478 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Playa

If I am remembering correctly Casa Playa has condos on each side. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but that is what I remember. Also the walk to time square is short. It can't be much more than 1/2 mile away. You can walk to time square along the beach or along the road. The road has a side walk for most of the way if not all the way. Probably 10/13 mins tops to walk to time square from Casa Playa

Mundelein, Il
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Playa

Yes,there are private condos on both sides of the Casa Playa not hotels. There is plenty of beach and Casa Playa has chaise lounges for guest to use free of charge. Ft. Myers Beach is seven miles long, six miles south of the bridge and Times Square and one mile north of the bridge and Times Square. Casa Playa is north of Times Square right in the middle so a 1/2 mile walk. Hard to time it because I take my time looking for seashells and watching dolphin, boats, parasailers etc....

Scottsdale
Level Contributor
167 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Playa

I stayed there last May, great spot. I believe the other posters are correct, condos on both sides. the Best Western hotel is nearby, towards Times Square. Easy walk to Times Square, maybe 5 minutes to the pier. Tons of beach space in front of the Casa Playa. It was not very crowded for most of our stay. Enjoy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Playa

Thanks Everyone! I'm very pleased to know that Casa Playa is in the middle of 2 condos.

Chris, sounds like you really enjoyed your stay at the Casa Playa, which room did you stay in?

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,567 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Playa

If you know how to use google earth you can see everything up close. Your in a excellent location.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Playa

hey daisey! how ya doing? I've never tried google earth, but i'll check it out for sure. thanks.

chicago
Level Contributor
352 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Playa

we stayed in the condo bldg next to (north) of casa playa called gateway. our fav. area to stay in fmb. construction going on right now but otherwise very quiet and we walked to times sq at least twice a day.

chicago
Level Contributor
352 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Playa

oh, and the beach is great down there. not sure how much space between but if you google earth it you can see. casa playa and gateway are pretty close together and in fact the space of a pool is the only thing between them. close enough in fact that while we were sitting at the pool this past sat. we were a bit annoyed w/ a dog constantly barking out one of the windows facing our pool.

Scottsdale
Level Contributor
167 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Playa

Not sure of the number. Might have been 8th floor, faced "the bay", was a small studio with a 2 burner stovertop, full fridge, flat screen TV on the wall. Screened in balcony that we used for dining since there was not really room inside to sit and eat except on the bed. If you are looking to spend time in the room there are better options, but we pretty much only slept and ate a few meals there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Playa

Mich, i checked out the gateway condo where stayed, it's beautiful, and i would definately think about staying there next time! will give a look when we get there.