We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donut Shop in Ft. Myers Beach (Mom & Pop-Like Place)?

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lakeland, Tennessee
Level Contributor
236 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Donut Shop in Ft. Myers Beach (Mom & Pop-Like Place)?

Seems like every beach town we've been to over the years has a popular, Mom-and-Pop-Run donut shop that everyone flocks to...

Any recommendations of any place like that in Ft. Myers Beach?

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
678 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Donut Shop in Ft. Myers Beach (Mom & Pop-Like Place)?

Sorry, not on FMB. You can get donuts at Publix, Topps, and 7-11, or just off island at Dunkin Donuts on San Carlos.

US
Level Contributor
459 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Donut Shop in Ft. Myers Beach (Mom & Pop-Like Place)?

Heavenly Biscuit - is a mom/pop type place - no donuts, but fresh homemade HUGE cinnamon rolls - they put the icing on right in front of you - their special (while we were there in May) was fresh homemade bisuits, egg, cheese, bacon and tomato---didn't think Id like the tomato but loved it!!! I think it was something like $3.99....they were large, homemade and wonderful....

Carryout or eat in....sorry no donuts but the BEST place for B-FAST.

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
386 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Donut Shop in Ft. Myers Beach (Mom & Pop-Like Place)?

Heavenly Biscuit is Okay. The cinnamon rolls are good but not like the Cinnebon rolls that you get in the mall. I think their icing is sickly sweet and I prefer the cream cheese icing. The biscuits are about the same taste and consistance as the ones they sell at McDonalds. They are good, but taste the same and I love biscuits! People do write good things about this place because it's really the only unique breakfast place with charm.

No, there are no good bakeries on the island or near the island for that matter. I have been hoping that someone would open one up one of these days.

US
Level Contributor
459 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Donut Shop in Ft. Myers Beach (Mom & Pop-Like Place)?

I guess to each their own....I agree they don't taste anything like the stuff from the place in the mall....they are from scratch.....you are right about not cream cheese icing...it is the plain, but again it's all up to preference....you really can't beat the biscuits and breakfast for the price -

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Donut Shop in Ft. Myers Beach (Mom & Pop-Like Place)?

Check out THE NEW Bay Walk Cafe between Smokin Oyster and Nervous Nellies for homemade baked goodies

Muffins, Doughnuts, Scones, Turnovers and loafs of yummy stuff Also serving breakfast, lunch, dinner

450 Old San Carlos 239-765-9993

6. Re: Donut Shop in Ft. Myers Beach (Mom & Pop-Like Place)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach