We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cold Snap - Burrr

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
253 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Cold Snap - Burrr

Always seems to be a blast of cool weather in December. I hope this is it for 2010... Watching the beachcam today, everyone was bundled up with temps in the mid 50's. It still beat our 14 degree high today. Leaving this Sunday for our annual holiday pilgrimage on the beach. Hope the warm returns by Wednesday.

Looking forward to trying some of the new places on the beach that have opened since last year. Places like Nemo's, Nervious Nellie's, Baywalk Cafe, the re-opend Pink Caddilac along with the regulars

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,670 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cold Snap - Burrr

I hope this is not a repeat of last yr. I can't believe it was in the 40s in Miami. We are headed down for the xmas holidays and praying for a turn in the weather. We had a cold snap during a thanksgiving vacation several yrs. ago, it was really a downer. What is going on, I remember when FL use to be warm,

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
253 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cold Snap - Burrr

We have been going to FMB for 45 years over the holidays and have seen hot, warm and cold. I remember in ~1985 on Christmas Eve, at a relatives house over in Bonita Springs it was 28 - we took a walk after dinner and it was like home. Only real certainty (99.99) is it won't snow.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,773 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cold Snap - Burrr

Well, it still is warm relative to the NE. But I get your point.

Down to 38 tonite at my house onthe gulf. Wish it got to 38 for a high here today ;-)

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
386 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cold Snap - Burrr

Being a Floridian, I hope that it stays quite cool for a long time. Remember, you guys are not here during summer when we are sweating our butts off, even until the sun starts to go down. So, it is such a nice change when it gets cold. :)

Honestly, I think I only own a few sweaters and maybe one coat. I am excited to be wearing my sweaters this week!

England
Level Contributor
522 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cold Snap - Burrr

We had lunch on the beach today in Naples, breezy but the sun was shining.

texas
Level Contributor
433 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cold Snap - Burrr

It will warm up again!! Try going to Terra Nostra. Nice warm restaraunt.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cold Snap - Burrr

70's this weekend...I would rather be warm than cold. I was bundled up the last 2 days but folks having to go home up north are leaving for 10 degrees

I don't mind wearing layers when I get to peel them off rather than put them on. I pray its not as cold as last Winter.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cold Snap - Burrr

Those of us that are northeners (we're from Ontario Canada) would find this to be late spring weather but it's supposed to start warming up Thurs with a high of 72, no wind so it seems much warmer. The weather guy on WINK news the other night said this cold snap is supposed to hang around untill Christmas then get & stay warm. I can only hope.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
253 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cold Snap - Burrr

Arrive tomorrow and it looks like the warming trend is on its way. Hope it holds a couple of weeks.

10. Re: Cold Snap - Burrr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach