We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

Vermont
Level Contributor
385 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

Hi, looking up rentals and 1 week is 315.00!! Priceline has 1 for 160.00. Anyone know of either a cheaper way to get a car, or if Priceline is legit? thanks

Michigan
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

We are having the same problem....airport rentals are outrageous..pretty bad when you can fly two people and the car rentals is way above those rates....I have booked an offsite rental...I googled Priceline reviews yesterday and most were not good...let me know if you find somewhere reasonable...or if i you go with Priceline.

Vermont
Level Contributor
385 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

Hi, I think Hotwire might have the best deal. 190.00 for a standard sized car for the week, unlimited miles. Check them out, and good luck! When are you going to FMB? We can't wait!!!!!!

Clinton, Iowa
Level Contributor
241 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

we use Hotwire.........good every time but once, problem that was our fault tho

have current rental for end of week, $13.95 a day

Just make sure your dates and times are accurate, any variance will go in Hotwires favor

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

I have had several friends use Priceline for a car while visiting Florida and they have been happy with the price and satisfied with the vehicle. Make sure you indicate the times of arrival and departure when you place your bid as that will help determine the company providing the car. Some are not open 24 hours.

Michigan
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

That is a great price Jenny...we are going down mid February for 10 days.....rate at airport is $1100 and offsite the cheapest I can find is $500 but will have to get a taxi for 14 miles...will try Hotwire though...thanks. I got the name of Sensible Car Rental right in FMB....will pick you up from airport and deliver you back....reasonable but not unlimited mileage and we are off to see my brother and sister the first part of our vacation so it would not work...definitely would have gone with them.

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

I've used Priceline the last two years and never had a problem.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
245 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

Renting a car always seems to be a game we have to play. We are going to FMB on 4/9 for a week. Hotwire was $408 for a std size car. Got a "web coupon" for National for $248 for a std size care. Guess we will keep shopping and see what happens.

north island
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

MNTraveler, that's a good price especially if it includes all fees and taxes. I'd book that and continue looking. Cancel it, if you find something better closer to your trip. Best I could find for that week was $270 including everything for a standard sized car.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
245 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

Cottageowner - I did just that. I will continue to hunt and chase

Brooklyn, Michigan
Level Contributor
387 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car rentals, expensive at airport? anyone try priceline

where did you get a Web coupon?...we're going first week of May, not even busy season, and I'm getting over $271 for 8 days..

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach