We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach to shell on Sanibel

st louis,missouri
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
best beach to shell on Sanibel

We are thinking of taking a day trip to Sanibel while in town. Is one beach better than another as far as shelling goes?

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
193 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach to shell on Sanibel

You might want to ask this on the Sanibel forum. I'm interested in the input on this, too.

texas
Level Contributor
433 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best beach to shell on Sanibel

Any beach on Sanibel is amazing for shelling. Point Ybel, where the lighthouse and pier are, has tons of shells. Captiva has great shells and nice sands. Turner beach and Blind Pass are good, too. Like I said anywhere on Sanibel is beautiful.

Enjoy!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best beach to shell on Sanibel

In my opinion all the beaches offer something different and it just depends on the day and tide which beach is better.

If it were me I would stop at the Sanibel Chamber of Commerce and get a map. It will clearly show each public beach. Parking is $2 an hour and it IS enforced. I would hit as many beaches as possible then end up on Captiva for sunset. The first time I went to Sanibel I didn't have a map and I wasted a lot of time trying to find the public beaches.

4. Re: best beach to shell on Sanibel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach