We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cold libations!!

chicago, il.
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Cold libations!!

Where are some of the top places for a cold beer or rum drink? For fun, abiance, price the closer to the water the better! Will be staying at the Sandpiper the end of March, thanks.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cold libations!!

I like The Cottage, which is an open-air, upstairs bar next to The Gulfshore Grill restaurant. It's right on the beach. www.gulfshoregrill.com

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cold libations!!

Hello from Indianapolis. You''l enjoy the Sandpiper. We have stayed there twice (2002 and 03) Me and my wife found the Shuck'in Oyster Bar (SOB) which is down towards the bridge. I think from noon to 2:oo the have half price oysters and of course plenty of cold beer. We alson liked walking down to the Holiday Inn. It's about a half to three quarter mile walk south of the Sandpiper. They have a tiki hut out by the pool. The Holiday Inn sits back a good way from the water so you have to watch for it. Be sure to take a beer or Mai Tai to go for the walk back. Don't worry about passing the Sandpiper, you won't miss te bright yellow.Are you familiar with Ft Myers? We'll be going back in late April. If you need some more tips respond!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cold libations!!

Hello from Indianapolis. You''l enjoy the Sandpiper. We have stayed there twice (2002 and 03) Me and my wife found the Shuck'in Oyster Bar (SOB) which is down towards the bridge. I think from noon to 2:oo the have half price oysters and of course plenty of cold beer. We alson liked walking down to the Holiday Inn. It's about a half to three quarter mile walk south of the Sandpiper. They have a tiki hut out by the pool. The Holiday Inn sits back a good way from the water so you have to watch for it. Be sure to take a beer or Mai Tai to go for the walk back. Don't worry about passing the Sandpiper, you won't miss te bright yellow.Are you familiar with Ft Myers? We'll be going back in late April. If you need some more tips respond!!

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cold libations!!

Trolly down to the north end.Junkanoos should be your 1st stop. At sunset someone blows a conch shell! Head north- Go up on the roof at Lani Kai to their Glider Bar-the view is awesome. Next door is the Cottage at Gulfshore, drink inside or out. Walk north towards the pier. The Surf Club is our local bar/liquor store where Sunday mornings is "Church" $1.00 Bloody Marys til Noon. Then further south Barking Shark has a killer band on Tuesday Nights.Next door would be Jimmy B's-great music & sunsets. Top O Mast-Famous Rumrunners and Pierside are great for libations beachside. They are at "Times Square". Mosey down Old San Carlos to Smokin' Oyster Brewery

and Dockside(BEST Pizza), Snug Harbor and Matanzas-ALL excellent for drinks and food.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cold libations!!

I made a mistake. It is The Smok'in Oyster Bar

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach